Just off Summit

Hatteras51

10 hours ago, JackB60 said:

If too small of a safe is your biggest problem - life is good!

Definitely not my biggest problem.  I wish that it was. I'm just trying to give a fair assessment of the cruise. If you read the report, you'll see where I said that it was the only thing that we had an issue with. I even mentioned that we would bring a magnet to use as a handle next time. I mentioned that so others would have a heads up, in case they wanted to bring something that would work for them.  We found a " work around " for all of the other concerns that folks had mentioned on this board.

15 hours ago, TPCRUISER2 said:

Just departed the Summit as well! Wonderful cruise!  It was so nice to meet all the new people and connect with old friends. Just a heads up on  an inside Cabin 3029, Terrible during rough seas. Something in the wall bangs. Yes, guest services aware.

Oh, sorry to hear this, hope you had a good trip home and great seeing you again.

I will say this, once they put cabins up there on deck 11 where Sky lounge is, I would never book one if even a chance of rough seas.  As you know we spent a lot of time there in rough seas.  It didn’t bother me visiting but no thanks for cabin location. 😂

Edited by snowbird1

15 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We didn’t have any problems with our safe opening. 

We are on the Summit now. Our safe opens fine. I think the OP’s safe needed a break-in. But besides the very small size, it’s the only digital safe I’ve ever seen on a ship or in a hotel that does not show you the digits of the locking code as you enter them;  thus, you have NO visual confirmation of what you entered before you press “lock.”  All you see are four zeroes. (Unless that’s just the new safe in *our* cabin! 🤣 )

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We are on the Summit now. Our safe opens fine. I think the OP’s safe needed a break-in. But besides the very small size, it’s the only digital safe I’ve ever seen on a ship or in a hotel that does not show you the digits of the locking code as you enter them;  thus, you have NO visual confirmation of what you entered before you press “lock.”  All you see are four zeroes. (Unless that’s just the new safe in *our* cabin! 🤣 )

I wonder how many calls to maintenance they get with people forgetting their codes.  Yikes.

Tom

32 minutes ago, tserface said:

I wonder how many calls to maintenance they get with people forgetting their codes.  Yikes.

Tom

I was just speaking with our next door neighbors. They said the correct numbers do display on their safe, so clearly ours needs to be fixed. We’ll have to find a convenient time for that. 

• Like 1

I was on Summit last week too and the Refurb - or whatever they call it - is fantastic! What a difference, I loved all the new furnishings, colours, bathrooms etc. The Rendezvous Lounge is somewhere I always avoided on those ships but I think that would be one of my favourites now - so light and airy and just very pleasant to spend time in.

I was on deck 2, and as reported many times, there really are a lot of bad smells down there. Our bathroom looked amazing but it was bad every time we opened the door - they did fix it a few times which helped. I loved being down there during the rough seas - our window was about a 3rd under the water at various times and the bouncing made sleeping great! I did have more than one issue with the cabin so was moved and the new one wasn't any better - aircon was cold or freezing, broken drawers, running out of shampoo/shower gel, broken tv, safe was locked and couldn't be opened when we got there, and an annoying noise in the first one - once you hear it, you can't unhear it! Like a foghorn - not a bang or creak which I expect, but something from the engine that was intermittent. Anyway, great crew, faultless food in the MDR and what's not to like about Bermuda?

On 9/7/2019 at 7:48 AM, JEDMELK said:

Great........ Finally, a use for the small bit of duct tape (a few feet wrapped around a small core) I bring along on every cruise.
I can tear a small piece off, double over one end and attach the other. Voila, a Handle!
Thanks, my day is now complete 😊

OK, actually, this is good to see. We'll be on the Repo from San Juan to Bayonne and now look forward to Captain Matt. Of course that is along with the refurbished Summit itself.

Jed

I was thinking of doing the same.   Duct Tape has 1,001 uses.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:10 PM, Hatteras51 said:

We just departed Summit on last Sunday. Overall, it was a wonderful cruise. We were in a concierge cabin. I wrote an earlier post, stating that I asked my cabin steward if he had heard that LLP mentioned on this board to ask your cabin attendant to provide you with a footstool. I won't repeat what I've already written, but will add that he said that all of the footstools were thrown away and it puts them in a bad position when people ask about this.

I thought that the ship looked beautiful. All of the color schemes, including the cabins, look much better in person than they do in pictures. We booked concierge because we like the expanded breakfast menu for room service, and of course, the controversial footstools. We did miss the large table on the balcony, but managed by eating breakfast at the desk. My husband brought in a deck chair each morning. Ironically, the dinky balcony table made a great footstool. We covered it with a towel and it was quite comfortable.

My only complaint with the room was the tiny safe. We couldn't fit our tablets in it, but we were able to put our wallets, passport, and some jewelry in it. The main issue is that the door does not spring open when you unlock it, and you have to pry it open with your fingers. My husband's fingers were too big, so I had to open it each time. We plan to bring a magnet next time and attach it to the front, and grab onto that to open the door.

Overall, we loved the cruise. These little issues did not impact our cruise in any way. The staff was wonderful and we loved Capt Matt. He is the youngest captain in the fleet, and just boarded Summit a few weeks ago. The food and the service were great. We'd definitely sail Summit again, just not sure that we would book concierge again, with all of the changes. We did get invited to the helipad for sail away from Bermuda, which was a nice treat.

Just off the Summit on the 8th.  😩

im a 5’1” wee lady with 3 surgeries on 2 legs after an accident.  I no longer launch well into bed.

i have noticed in our travels many hotels have higher beds now - they look more grand.

i started traveling with a folding step.  It’s wide enough for both feet but only 4” tall.   I didn’t take it - thought the beds were lower.  Checkout Amazon.

Ill be taking it in 255 days when we return to the Summit for Canada/New England.  😁👍❤️