NCL Ambassador member "Mr. Happy" update

Shellbelle28

If anyone has had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Happy on a Norwegian cruise, you probably haven't forgotten him. Mr. Happy's positive outlook on life and and friendly persona had quite an impact on my husband and me when we met him aboard the Norwegian Pearl on an Alaska sailing in September of 2018 and we stayed in touch with him after the cruise. He's been unwell and hospitalized and has finally been allowed to go home. BUT, his doctor told him his travels are over.

It makes me sad because I know how much it meant to him to travel and meet new friends and to view NCL crew as his extended family. So, in honor of Mr. Happy, I'll remind you all that you should make the best of every day and be good to each other! 

20180920_220559.jpg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, LinnieRed said:

We were on the transpacific this past May and he took quite a spill in Moderno, being used for the Haven breakfast/lunch dining room. He seemed to bounce back pretty well at the time, but it was a hard fall. 

I knew that was going to be his next cruise after the Alaska one, of course he didn't mention falling, just said it was amazing. He had a cruise coming up with his daughter that he's had to cancel. He said it's heart issues that have gotten his travel curtailed. 

19 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

If anyone has had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Happy on a Norwegian cruise, you probably haven't forgotten him. Mr. Happy's positive outlook on life and and friendly persona had quite an impact on my husband and me when we met him aboard the Norwegian Pearl on an Alaska sailing in September of 2018 and we stayed in touch with him after the cruise. He's been unwell and hospitalized and has finally been allowed to go home. BUT, his doctor told him his travels are over.

It makes me sad because I know how much it meant to him to travel and meet new friends and to view NCL crew as his extended family. So, in honor of Mr. Happy, I'll remind you all that you should make the best of every day and be good to each other! 

20180920_220559.jpg

What a beautiful sentiment. We met Mr Happy on one of our cruises can't remember what year exactly. He gave us 2 happy face key rings, one yellow and one pink, I still have them. We were talking about him a while ago and were wondering how he was, Thank you for the update and blessings to him.

You guys look familiar too :-)......

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

What a beautiful sentiment. We met Mr Happy on one of our cruises can't remember what year exactly. He gave us 2 happy face key rings, one yellow and one pink, I still have them. We were talking about him a while ago and were wondering how he was, Thank you for the update and blessings to him.

You guys look familiar too :-)......

I guess I didn't notice that Cruise Critic killed off the message signatures where you could see the cruises people had been on to cross reference whether we've sailed together.  We've sailed:

9/3/2000    Alaska    Norwegian Sky
9/1/2001    Hawaii    Norwegian Star
10/20/2004    Mexican Riviera    Norwegian Star
9/13/2015    Alaska    Norwegian Pearl
9/16/2018    Alaska    Norwegian Pearl
1/23/2020    Australia/New Zealand    Norwegian Jewel

Hi!  I am Mr. Happy's daughter and I will let him know about this thread.  He will be so pleased to discover that people remember him fondly. He has had a rough few months but he is well on the road to recovery. He and I have been traveling companions since my husband and mother have both passed and I am happy to report that he is now talking about booking another cruise!

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Silver Girl said:

Hi!  I am Mr. Happy's daughter and I will let him know about this thread.  He will be so pleased to discover that people remember him fondly. He has had a rough few months but he is well on the road to recovery. He and I have been traveling companions since my husband and mother have both passed and I am happy to report that he is now talking about booking another cruise!

Hi Carol! Oh, what great news that you're planning a trip!!! He mentioned it, but then I thought maybe he wasn't going to be able to go.  I was so sad when he told us he wasn't allowed to travel! 

Edited by Shellbelle28
typo

1 hour ago, Shellbelle28 said:

I guess I didn't notice that Cruise Critic killed off the message signatures where you could see the cruises people had been on to cross reference whether we've sailed together.  We've sailed:

9/3/2000    Alaska    Norwegian Sky
9/1/2001    Hawaii    Norwegian Star
10/20/2004    Mexican Riviera    Norwegian Star
9/13/2015    Alaska    Norwegian Pearl
9/16/2018    Alaska    Norwegian Pearl
1/23/2020    Australia/New Zealand    Norwegian Jewel

01/07/2012 - Eastern Caribbean - Epic

01/16/2016 - Eastern Caribbean - Escape

02/17/2018 - Western Caribbean - Epic

01/13/2019 - Western Caribbean - Getaway

02/01/2020 - Western Caribbean - Breakaway

• 1 year later...
On 9/5/2019 at 9:52 AM, Silver Girl said:

Replying to this old message in hopes Silver Girl will see it. I understand you and your dad have the Bliss booked the end of October? So happy he's getting to cruise! We may have a little surprise for him. 

• Like 1

Hi! Yes, we just booked!  Our original cruise on the Jewel in December was canceled so we are both excited to have this cruise to look forward to. I love the Jewel class ships and I am a little nervous about sailing on such a large ship for the first time but I’m so happy just to be going. I am having lunch with him this weekend and I’ll let him know about your post.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silver Girl said:

Hi! Yes, we just booked!  Our original cruise on the Jewel in December was canceled so we are both excited to have this cruise to look forward to. I love the Jewel class ships and I am a little nervous about sailing on such a large ship for the first time but I’m so happy just to be going. I am having lunch with him this weekend and I’ll let him know about your post.

We're actually now booked on the 10/24 Mexican Riviera on the Bliss. If you'd like to tell your dad, you can, or if surprising him would be fun, keep it quiet. We wanted to see him, so that's why we chose the date. I'd love to exchange email information to facilitate getting in touch. My address is mbuenzli@comcast.net 

16 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

We're actually now booked on the 10/24 Mexican Riviera on the Bliss. If you'd like to tell your dad, you can, or if surprising him would be fun, keep it quiet. We wanted to see him, so that's why we chose the date. I'd love to exchange email information to facilitate getting in touch. My address is mbuenzli@comcast.net 

I’ll be in touch!

• Like 1