Which Carnival ship(s) would you never sail again?

soremekun

Honestly... !  First let me try cruising each and every one of them, and then I will be able to make a definitive judgement.  However, I anticipate the need to re-cruise one or more of the 26 Carnival Cruise ships due to the duration between cruises... or the Cheers package... or both. 😂

There's no Carnival ship that I would say never to sailing on again. My worst cruise experience was on the Sensation, but I know each sailing is different and I would get on it again if the price and itinerary was right. 

My room steward did not do a good job! I never remove gratuities, but he is the only room steward that did not receive any extra tip from me. Also, there were a lot of passengers on that sailing that made it less pleasant. So, it wasn't the ship that was a problem for me. Lol

Dee 

I wasn't a fan of Sensation & just recently chose my short, cheap, interim cruise based on NOT sailing her again. I sailed on the Imagination prior so I knew going in what Fantasy class meant. I thoroughly enjoyed the Imagination. It wasn't the size or class. The ship just looked run down. Tears in public seating. Cracks in tile. Several more examples of more obvious wear & tear going unaddressed than I was used to or expecting. 

I admit the weather was blah & it was a VERY blah sailing passenger wise so that probably didn't help.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 2:02 AM, geoffrywillhardt said:

I honestly am surprised by all the hate for Vista class. We sailed on the Horizon and loved it.

For me the ship I will never go on again is the Sensation.

Had to quote you because I agree with your entire post 110%. I admit when I first boarded the Vista around her 1st birthday I wasn't a fan. It was "too different". By night 8 I warmed up a lot but still preferred Dream class.  We sailed Horizon back in April & loved it. She's now my favorite. And the elevators weren't that hard! 

I also just posted that Sensation is the one I'd never sail again. It wasn't my first time sailing an older gal. But it was the first & only time a ship really, really showed her age all over.

We also will never sail on the Vista again.  They took a gamble on the forward theater re-design and failed miserably.  The space tries to be too many things...lounge during the day, theater at night and dance club late-night.  The floor is sloped because of the theater seating, but when all the chairs are moved out of way, the central part of the room becomes the dance floor.  Have you ever tried dancing on an un-level floor? And because of all the chair-moving that needs to take place regularly, they made them small and lighter (and very uncomfortable to sit in for a lengthy show).  John Heald happened to be on our Vista sailing, and he said himself to our group in the theater, "Carnival needs to do better."

• Like 2

For me I have sailed Carnival, Royal, Norwegian enjoyed all the ships I sailed on.......for me I like the ships that have the biggest Adult Only sections.  I think that any ship is fine, it's when the ship is SOLD OUT and PACKED is when the trouble starts, too many people, towel hogs, pools and hot tubs packed, lines, lines etc......   Then  again I have traveled in July & August and lots of kids, which is my time that I can go, so I can't complain out that.   Don't get me wrong, I do like kids I  have two adult children myself, but now in my stage of life gravitate more to adult only sections.  I really think as others have stated the larger cruise ships have more sleeping rooms and not enough open space for guest.   Just my open.

2 hours ago, Klark73 said:

Oh my, do tell. I will be on the Valor in March...during Spring Break time no less.

Well, I guess this has to do with me. There was a loud sound over (similar to a large bowling ball rolling over the cabin) our cabin and our other cabin had a smoke fumes, as well as a bug in the closet. Plus, there isn't much recreational activities to do for certain age groups.

I can't think of a ship I wouldn't sail on again, but I also can't think of any vacation I would not do again all things considered. There may be some ships I won't sail on again but that has more to do with I like trying different ones than anything against another. I just don't notice or am bothered by a lot of things that have been mentioned. 

21 hours ago, georgiacruizer said:

We also will never sail on the Vista again.  They took a gamble on the forward theater re-design and failed miserably.  The space tries to be too many things...lounge during the day, theater at night and dance club late-night.  The floor is sloped because of the theater seating, but when all the chairs are moved out of way, the central part of the room becomes the dance floor.  Have you ever tried dancing on an un-level floor? And because of all the chair-moving that needs to take place regularly, they made them small and lighter (and very uncomfortable to sit in for a lengthy show).  John Heald happened to be on our Vista sailing, and he said himself to our group in the theater, "Carnival needs to do better."

I think the theater and atrium are the biggest downers on the Vista. I will be sailing her again in May but we booked the Havana area, which we've had twice before. Honestly, we pretty much hang out there all day. We did have one minor complaint and that was a few of the "fun staff" members. Sometimes, they just weren't that "fun". One example was when we were playing a cornhole tournament and he moved the boards to be really far apart, around 36 feet or so. It was so far many people couldn't reach the boards and when I told him they were too far apart and that according to the American Cornhole Association it's 27 feet and 24 for amateurs he got really mad and told me basically to mind my own business and he was in charge. Of course then we all started to laugh because a lot of people didn't know there was really an American Cornhole Association, and we ended up having a really good time by throwing the bags overhand versus underhand, and laughing really hard. Sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ajm said:

I'm not so much concerned about which ship but I will never sail out of  Galveston.  We had the absolute worst experience with that port.  No ship will ever attract us to sail out of there again.

Seriously?  We didn't mind Galveston at all.  That was our first experienced with scheduled check-ins and it was super smooth.

9 hours ago, jsglow said:

Seriously?  We didn't mind Galveston at all.  That was our first experienced with scheduled check-ins and it was super smooth.

Yeah... it was a nightmare both getting on and off the ship.  For the most part it was the port employees that were the problem and not Carnival.  Complete chaos.  We also didn't like the long drive from the airport to the port and no good places to stay close to the port with any kind of night life. 

Possibly it was just bad luck on our part and not enough research since it was a pretty last minute cruise but there's no way we would go back when other ports are much prettier with better access and things to do if  you go in a day or two before the cruise.

• Like 1

Well I hope the 8 of us don't find problems as BIG as stated with the Horizon.  If it wasn't for the itinerary, I would have been doing another ship. I know it is large, and I don't look forward to that or seeing the  Atrim, which has been mentioned, but that is something that is not major to me. I am thinking POSITIVE, that no matter what, we WILL have a great time!

• Like 1

I haven't sailed on the newer ships, because I will never set foot on a Carnival ship again after two different cruises and the level of service received, or lack of service.  I literally repaired my own bathroom issue, and it was not fun.  Since I only received a canned apology, I might go on again if I'm offered a 7 night free cruise of my choosing and given a free beverage package in a balcony or above stateroom, and a handwritten apology from the Carnival ambassador himself.

3 hours ago, ajm said:

Yeah... it was a nightmare both getting on and off the ship.  For the most part it was the port employees that were the problem and not Carnival.  Complete chaos.  We also didn't like the long drive from the airport to the port and no good places to stay close to the port with any kind of night life. 

Possibly it was just bad luck on our part and not enough research since it was a pretty last minute cruise but there's no way we would go back when other ports are much prettier with better access and things to do if  you go in a day or two before the cruise.

Interesting. And not to take us way off topic but.... 1) Galveston is actually a seaside resort. 2) While the drive from IAH IS a nightmare, Hobby (where SWA flies) is significantly better.  Anyway, another topic for another thread.  👍 

I would not jump at sailing the Splendor again unless they changed the colors/lights in the theater.  Not idea why but every time I sat in the theater I would get dizzy and sick after just a few minutes.  Never happened on any other ship so I’m guessing it was something with the decor.  I enjoyed the rest of the ship though.