Which Carnival ship(s) would you never sail again?

soremekun

On 9/29/2019 at 9:51 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Wow, every single night the wood was not good....says a lot

Yeap the wood was not good 😂 we went because it was my sister in law first time and her daughter the food was just not appetizing, I’ve never had any problems on other cruises. 

3 hours ago, siestakeys04 said:

Yeap the wood was not good 😂 we went because it was my sister in law first time and her daughter the food was just not appetizing, I’ve never had any problems on other cruises. 

There isn't anything worse than unappetizing wood! 🤣

Well, we only have one "cruise" under our belt so far for comparison, and it was on the Ecstacy, almost 10 years ago.

It wasn't great, but it was cheap - so it had that going for it.  Wasn't horrible either.

We are booked on the Vista for a 7 nighter in February.  Should make a good comparison I'd think.

But, with only two exceptions that come to mind (Triumph's "Poopy Cruise" [had a co-worker onboard, he shared pictures and commentary] and the Splendor's power loss) - I can guarantee 100% that every current Carnival ship is much better than the accommodations on an SSN-688 Class Submarine (second flight).  The inside cabin we had seemed quite luxurious in comparison to having to hot-rack in forward berthing.  Oh, and even the worst buffet probably surpasses anything available onboard any ship in the U.S. Navy (including flag-rank Officers Mess).  So, when you compare being on a cruise (as in deployed), to being on a cruise (as aboard any Carnival vessel), there's no way I'd turn down the latter.  But, that's just my biased opinion.

Galveston is a much better port than Diego Garcia.  Trust me on this one folks...….

Edited by DryCreek
  • Like 3

Well put D.C. ! Thank you for your service! I wish you fair seas and following winds in you cruise on the Vista. Many people here do not/cannot appreciate what a wonderful experience a cruise can actually be. Just go with the flow, and enjoy and appreciate the experience.

Joe

Seems to be a lot of discontent about the Vista. We will be trying the Vista out for first time Oct 12th so I guess we will see. I have friends that have been on her and from what they said there was nothing that discouraged us from booking this cruise. I don't care about theatre size or layout since we rarely go to shows. All ships are crowded somewhat but our time frame always seems to be contrary to the crowd so never an issue. Hard to tell about the lobby until I get there but interested in seeing the difference and if I will miss the glass elevators and over the top decor. My guess is I will probably like it since so many others don't I tend to be a contrarian LOL. 

Liberty - was a floating rust bucket. Hated the cruise. Rude staff. Rude passengers. Dirty ship. Food sucked. Just a BAD cruise. Couldn’t wait for it to end. 

Glory - didn’t hate it, but it was the least memorable of all the cruises I’ve been on. It was a good cruise, just not a great cruise. 

Pride - was convenient to sail out of Baltimore and not have to fly, but again I was not impressed. Which is strange cause I absolutely loved the Miracle. 

I liked the Breeze, Victory, Miracle, & Freedom the most, but would probably only sail the Breeze again. 

Just now, Crazy4Cruisin225 said:

Liberty - was a floating rust bucket. Hated the cruise. Rude staff. Rude passengers. Dirty ship. Food sucked. Just a BAD cruise. Couldn’t wait for it to end. 

Glory - didn’t hate it, but it was the least memorable of all the cruises I’ve been on. It was a good cruise, just not a great cruise. 

Pride - was convenient to sail out of Baltimore and not have to fly, but again I was not impressed. Which is strange cause I absolutely loved the Miracle. 

I liked the Breeze, Victory, Miracle, & Freedom the most, but would probably only sail the Breeze again. 

I would only sail ships with sport-square and a real basketball court.

Any ship without Alchemy and Red Frog Pub. Having experienced ships with and without, on multiple occasions, we feel that those are the two places we enjoy the most. Love the trivia in Red Frog Pug and its a nice hang out for an evening.

Rarely attend comedy shows (only if the kids are not cruising do we go), never in the main theater.

Magic - the cruise itself was great. Family vacation with kids and grandparents but the ship was horrible. Many areas run down and dirty. The crew was stretched way too thin. Plates littered the halls overnight. We had a suite on deck 7, the musty smell in the room was bad, the A/C wasn’t cold (78 degrees I always say bring a small hvac thermometer) but within carnival’s acceptable limits. And lastly the sewage smell thought the ship was too much. Again great cruise but the ship had a lot to be desired. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Dream. It was a horrible experience. Though we wiped down our cabin and used hand sanitizer constantly, my husband and I still caught the Norovirus. It was a living hell. I like that class of ship, but the Dream has such bad memories, I don't want to step on it again.

• 7 months later...
On 10/2/2019 at 8:50 AM, TEXSUN46 said:

Seems to be a lot of discontent about the Vista. We will be trying the Vista out for first time Oct 12th so I guess we will see. I have friends that have been on her and from what they said there was nothing that discouraged us from booking this cruise. I don't care about theatre size or layout since we rarely go to shows. All ships are crowded somewhat but our time frame always seems to be contrary to the crowd so never an issue. Hard to tell about the lobby until I get there but interested in seeing the difference and if I will miss the glass elevators and over the top decor. My guess is I will probably like it since so many others don't I tend to be a contrarian LOL. 

So, what did you think of the Vista?

Valor and victory both had a top side serenity deck which was abysmal.  To top it off,  victory had some sort of sewage problem and reeked the entire cruise.

Suffice to say, I won’t ever sale on any of the ships with that style serenity deck again.  We really prefer the back side serenity decks on the small boats..

Will never sail on a Fantasy Class ship again.  Been there,  done that.  Anything less than 100K tons is probably in my rearview mirror as well. 

Enjoyed our 2 sailings in the Havana area on Horizon and looking forward to the Mardi Gras next year.  Also looking forward to the new builds by Princess (Enchanted) and Celebrity (Apex).

On 9/4/2019 at 10:12 PM, beachbum53 said:

The Vista. I didn't like the way the theater is designed. We had Anytime Dining, which is held in the Horizon Restaurant, in the Aft of the ship on Deck 3. Because the entrance to the MDR is on Deck 3, right off of the elevator lobby, there is very little room for people to line up to wait to be seated. Instead, you have to go to a little kiosk on Deck 5  and get a ticket with your check in time to be seated, then make your way down two decks to the MDR when it's time to go eat dinner. A major design flaw in my opinion. Also not real fond of the Atrium design. These, along with a few other minor things that I didn't like, are the reasons we won't be cruising again on the Vista. And, since the sister ship the Horizon  is built the same way, we won't be cruising on it either.

I 100% agree on the Vista. I think the whole thing was poorly designed. Huge lines every time we went anywhere. We sailed on it in 2017 because it was Carnival’s latest and greatest and nobody liked the ship. Felt so crowded. Meanwhile, my new favorite is royal Caribbean’s oasis class so I know it was the layout of the Vista, not the size. 

35 minutes ago, kool_kat said:

Meanwhile, my new favorite is royal Caribbean’s oasis class so I know it was the layout of the Vista, not the size. 

Your new favorite is 225,000 tons,  you bad mouth a ship that is 135,000 tons, yet it wasn't the size.....🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, kool_kat said:

I 100% agree on the Vista. I think the whole thing was poorly designed. Huge lines every time we went anywhere. We sailed on it in 2017 because it was Carnival’s latest and greatest and nobody liked the ship. Felt so crowded. Meanwhile, my new favorite is royal Caribbean’s oasis class so I know it was the layout of the Vista, not the size. 

What does Vista have to do with Oasis class ships?  Oasis class ships are almost 100,000 GT bigger than Vista class ships, so I don’t understand what your size comment is about.  

3 hours ago, kool_kat said:

Huh, Vista is our fav

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Your new favorite is 225,000 tons,  you bad mouth a ship that is 135,000 tons, yet it wasn't the size.....🤔🤔🤔

Vista is Carnival’s largest ships, so people may argue I just don’t need to sail the bigger ships. My argument was simply to state it was not that it was a larger ship (as I have no issues with other large ships) but just a very poorly designed ship. 

• Like 1

Having sailed on Elation, Conquest, Victory, Valor (x2), Triumph (x2), Imagination (x4), Holiday (x3), Legend (x3), Spirit, Inspiration (x2), Miracle, Liberty, Fantasy (x3), Horizon, and Breeze, I don’t know that there are any I wouldn’t sail again. How much I enjoy a cruise largely depends on the current crew and fellow passengers - not the decor or layout of the ship. That being said, I certainly wouldn’t rush to jump on Breeze again - everywhere was SO crowded, with low ceilings and choke points. It also had the loudest, rudest group of fellow cruisers I’ve ever experienced (having a full beer dumped on my by a guy who was so drunk he got angry that A BAR on the ship wouldn’t issue him a new room key was a particularly special highlight), so that had a lot to do with it. And contrary to a lot of comments here, I absolutely loved Horizon and would sail on her again in a heartbeat!