Savona/Genoa to Milan Airport from Costa Cruise

goaussiegal

Hi All,

I found a very old topic on this - does anyone have any information on ship transfers (or private alternatively) - I am Australian and was ' verbally quoted' by my travel agent over 250Euro for 2 people.  The old topic was saying 33Euro p/p which unless I read it incorrectly is a lot less. 

Has any one done this recently or can suggest an alternative?  I have checked we can take a train from Genoa Station but would still need to get there from the ship first.

Thanks for any help you can supply.

First off, there is a railway station in Savona (no need to go to Genoa), it's about 25 minute walk from the port or a €12 taxi ride, there are direct direct trains to Milan.

€250 is the going rate for a "private" transfer (even for Australians 🍻).

There is a bus transfer from Savona to Milan, organised by Costa, the las price I have is €33 p.p.

For Milan Malpensa Aiport Terminals 1 & 2, bus leaves at 11:00 and arrives 14:15, for Milan Linate Airport, bus leaves at 10:30 and arrives 13:30.

Attached is an overview of Costa'a airport transfer (only have it in German).

PS. It's good you let the Brits win the last test match, they haven't got much to laugh about these days.

Savona - Milan.pdf

Edited by G.M.T.

Done the same many times as Genoa airport can be a bit of a problem with weather. We usually stay overnight in Milan. We have also had a shuttle with Costa from the main station. I think the price is pretty similar to what Ron mentioned above.

We have also flown into Milan and took the transfer but after the last time stressing when our flight from Stansted was delayed , I said never again. We contacted them from Stansted and on arrival in Milan and they waited for us. Don't think the other passengers were too pleased.

Riana

Book directly through Costa and has to be done ahead of time. They then have a Costa rep either at the station or airport waiting for you. The Malpensa bus recently left at 12 noon. The one from the station is much earlier but I could not see a time on our booking when I looked yesterday. There is also no price on the booking but I think G.M.T is right about the €33.

We use it both ways. I think we get back to Malpensa at about 13h00.

Riana