Upgrade Fairy...NOT

ishap

So I thought the upgrade fairy came my way to send me a gift....but apparently she was just kidding around.  Got an email from Carnival saying I "qualify for a stateroom upgrade".  Body of the email said I can upgrade to a suite.  When I say I got the email, I mean I was already in my email and I saw it hit my inbox and within 10 seconds I clicked on the link to view the offer.  Well, upon reaching the Carnival site, the message said: This offer is no longer available.  What?  How can it not be available 30 seconds after you sent it to me?  *sigh*

Someone has quicker reflexes than you - lol!  Actually, there may have been only one suite available, and they sold it for full price as the email was being sent.  I have been on the phone with my pvp to book a specific cabin, and have watched it disappear right before my eyes as someone else booked it.  You might be lucky and get another offer, though usually the suite offers aren't that "sweet."  And you do know this is an upsell, not an upgrade - you will have to pay for the upgrade.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ishap said:

....but apparently she was just kidding around.  Got an email from Carnival 

Most likely, it was a "blanket email" that was sent to many people.  Maybe someone read their email hours before you read your email and accepted the single offering.   Depending on your email server, not all emails are able to be read all at the same time.  Someone beat you to the offer.  

9 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Someone has quicker reflexes than you - lol!  Actually, there may have been only one suite available, and they sold it for full price as the email was being sent.  I have been on the phone with my pvp to book a specific cabin, and have watched it disappear right before my eyes as someone else booked it.  You might be lucky and get another offer, though usually the suite offers aren't that "sweet."  And you do know this is an upsell, not an upgrade - you will have to pay for the upgrade.

Oh I'm aware there will be a cost, but it would have been the first time I even got the offer.  

I received an upgrade offer for the Vista this December.  I took the offer.  It was for  balcony midship on deck seven to lido deck balcony cabin for $26(me and hubby).  I thought is was worth it.  We were on the lido deck on the Splendor in November and loved the location.  I seemed to feel more movement in our cabin.  So next cruise was on the Magic in May and I did not book a lido cabin because I thought to myself, no maybe it's too much movement for me.  Well here comes an offer for the Vista and I told myself, I'll be okay, the movement wasn't that bad.  By movement, I mean swaying.  My husband isn't bothered by it but I can feel it.  A few weeks later another upgrade was emailed to me for the Vista and it was for a suite on deck 7 midship but they wanted $906.  That was way too much money in my opinion so I declined the offer.