The Big Deal - 1 free additional perk on "Sail" and "Sail Plus" September 5-19

mikkelhansen

Celebrity launched a 2-week promotion today, running September 5-18, 2019: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/weekend-cruise-sale

(official website promotion info) / http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_The_BIG_Deal_Offer_September_Update.pdf (TA-oriented info).

Essentially, you get a free perk on "Sail" (ie. 1 perk total) and "Sail Plus" (3 perks total) and up to 400$ stateroom savings - the promotion is not applicable to Suites and "Sail All Included".

Seems to actually be a "real" offer, giving a free additional perk without increasing the price. Just made a few mock bookings, and the stateroom prices with three perks are ridiculously low, when comparing to the normal running promotion.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

Seems to actually be a "real" offer, giving a free additional perk without increasing the price. Just made a few mock bookings, and the stateroom prices with three perks are ridiculously low, when comparing to the normal running promotion.

The only thing I noticed on the cruises we checked & put in 3 perks the cruise changed to NRD (non refundable).

3 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Just made a few mock bookings, and the stateroom prices with three perks are ridiculously low, when comparing to the normal running promotion.

I believe Celebrity had made an error on my mock bookings, giving more discount than supposed. The prices are now more in line with the normal promotion, but of course still with an additional perk.

I also did a mock booking and the cost with 3 perks was about $800 less than my current booking, although it is a non refundable  deposit. I sent a screenshot to my TA and she said that when she prices it out it’s actually more than my current booking. I’m so confused! 😩

I checked the 2 bookings I made last week on Equinox with no perks and refundable deposit.  I checked a TA site I use which lists all the available rates and there now shows the same rate with refundable deposit and 1 perk.  I've just contacted my TA to add the perk.

I do find it amusing that Celebrity's website doesn't support the complex pricing structure they are now employing.  There is no way to book the Sail Now with refundable deposit rate on their site that I can find.  I was able to book this onboard last week and it's listed as an option on the flyer they sent out with the "Big Deal".

Thanks to Mikkelhansen  for the “heads up”. I went to the Celebrity site this AM to check on my cruise for next May and the link for a Refundable Deposit  (Aqua class) gave 3 perks and cost $1700 less (10 day cruise) than what I have now.  I quickly took a screen shot and called my TA. They called Celebrity who explained  that it  was a programmer error and IT was correcting it. Still they honored the discount and additional perks!  I am psyched!!  And they left it refundable...... (they tried to say it was for Non-Refundable only). THANKS to Celebrity for honoring their error and to my Big Box TA for going to battle for me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I went to the Celebrity site this AM to check on my cruise for next May and the link for a Refundable Deposit  (Aqua class) gave 3 perks and cost $1700 less (10 day cruise) than what I have now.  I quickly took a screen shot and called my TA. They called Celebrity who explained  that it  was a programmer error and IT was correcting it.

That's what my "ridiculously low prices" in my original post referred to - I reckoned it was an IT error, since the prices were really "non-profitably" low. But they have fixed it now - good for you (and on Celebrity) to have the lower price honored!

7 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Celebrity launched a 2-week promotion today, running September 5-18, 2019: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/weekend-cruise-sale

(official website promotion info) / http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_The_BIG_Deal_Offer_September_Update.pdf (TA-oriented info).

Essentially, you get a free perk on "Sail" (ie. 1 perk total) and "Sail Plus" (3 perks total) and up to 400$ stateroom savings - the promotion is not applicable to Suites and "Sail All Included".

Thanks for posting this.  My TA was able to get us an additional perk at no charge.

When I was browsing the site at 10:15pm PT last night, I came across a much lower price for a comparable room on my sailing. I screenshot it, called Celebrity immediately and got a message that their offices were closed.

When I called today, they told me they don't honor screenshots. Understandable, and I wouldn't have booked my trip if I wasn't happy with the price, but I had my hopes up after seeing @VitaminSea53's post. Oh well! 

IMG_9346.PNG

7 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Thanks for posting this! I just called Celebrity and was able to get a lower rate for my cruise AND added the drink package for free.  I probably would have found the sail since I watch the Celebrity site, but it's lovely when others share good information. 😀

• Like 2

A cruise I have booked is the same price it was last week (still more than I booked it for a few weeks ago) with the added perk.  It however has changed to a non-refundable deposit.  When I looked a couple hours later, it was refundable with the one perk fare non-refundable.

Edited by RickT

2 hours ago, cnschultzy said:

When I was browsing the site at 10:15pm PT last night, I came across a much lower price for a comparable room on my sailing. I screenshot it, called Celebrity immediately and got a message that their offices were closed.

When I called today, they told me they don't honor screenshots. Understandable, and I wouldn't have booked my trip if I wasn't happy with the price, but I had my hopes up after seeing @VitaminSea53's post. Oh well! 

IMG_9346.PNG

Next time put it on 24hr hold.  Then as long as you are outside the final payment period and in the US or elsewhere where you can get price drops they pretty much have to honor it.   I've done this before and just had my TA straighten it out with Celebrity.

Maybe if they are bit financially by these IT glitches they will replace their IT department.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

Do you plug the code in on their website? I don't see a place to do it.

Thank you.

I did a mock booking on the website so I could see the prices and then called Celebrity direct.  It was about 10 minutes on hold, then once I got an agent I told her I wanted to take advantage of the sail.  She pulled up my reservation, quoted me the same (new, lower price) I saw, and made the changes.  Naturally, i had her send me an email confirmation as well. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Next time put it on 24hr hold. 

Good advice - thank you.

I originally booked for $5250 with 3 perks in March. Since then, the overall price has dropped $850 USD and I now have the "all included" perk package, so I think I'm doing pretty well. 

If it wasn't for this forum, this first-time cruiser wouldn't have known how easy it is to request a price match. I appreciate all of you for sharing your tips - I know I'll have a much better experience because of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prish said:

We have three SVs  on the Apex for May 2020, booked onboard with $100 deposit and now transferred to our bug box TA. Will call to see if we can get a third perk, wondering if we’ll now have to pay the regular deposit?

I just added 1 perk to my no perks reservation I made onboard last week.  No additional deposit required.

12 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Thanks for the heads up. Going to book another cruise Sunday (8 September) while on the Summit. I original had it figured with Sail Plus, 2 perks bundle. Just checked and the cruise price is still the same with now 3 perks. 

I saw a price reduction of $200 per person on the web site this morning for our 2020 Alaska cruise. I called and was told that the price with two perks that I was seeing on the web site was a "non-refundable deposit price." The cruise is a year away, and I did not want to switch to a non-refundable deposit with the cruise so far out. 

After reading this thread, I did a mock booking again, and the web site definitely quotes the reduced price I saw this morning with a "refundable deposit." I called again, and the rep said there was no possible price reduction for my booking at this time. He did say I was entitled to a third perk with the current promotion at no extra charge. I accepted the extra perk.

On 9/5/2019 at 8:11 PM, mchell810 said:

I had the reduced deposit also, and like wrk2cruise, I did not have an additional deposit.

Just called our big box TA and the agent who answered said I can get the third  perk at no additional cost, my deposit remains $100 but now becomes non-refundable. I don’t believe this is true, plan on calling again tomorrow to see what they say. 

In the meantime would like to know if anyone of you has had this issue, our booking is with a refundable deposit.

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend 😊

Edited by prish

8 minutes ago, prish said:

Just called our big box TA and the agent who answered said I can get the third  perk at no additional cost, my deposit remains $100 but now becomes non-refundable. I don’t believe this is true, plan on calling again tomorrow to see what they say. 

In the meantime would like to know if anyone of you has had this issue, our booking is with a refundable deposit.

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend 😊

Yes, I was told yesterday morning that the lower price was with the non-refundable deposit. I checked the website last night. The deposit was listed as refundable, no risk. I called again and spoke with a different agent. The lower price on the website was not honored, but I was given an extra perk because I only had two. The new promo is three perks. I have given up perks in the past for a good price reduction if the reduction was more than the cost of the perk.

Edited by Glendakayself