If you were carnival what would you cut?

geckoaz

On 9/13/2019 at 9:46 AM, pacruise804 said:

Princess did sell certain soft drinks in cans.  We had the non-alcoholic drink package and all fountain drinks were included but not canned drinks (most diet drinks were in cans 😞 ). 

For as many complaints as I see on Carnival forums about the lack of fountain drinks, it seemed just as many Princess forum posts preferred canned drinks.  I guess the whole "grass is greener" philosophy applies.

Fountain drinks tend to be watery or too syrupy.  I prefer cans.  I'm taking a 12 pack of diet Pepsi on.  They only see Coke products.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:43 PM, geckoaz said:

Every day i read about cuts carnival has made that upsets someone, e.g. tablecloths, chocolates, automatic 2 room cleaning.  But i have cruised since the 1990s and have seen many changes. I know there are things i dont use like art auctions but it is hard for me to think of something i would cut to keep cost down. Any ideas?

Art Auctions are good for free drinks.  

I don't know if Carnival needs to cut anything - we all want a great cruise at a great price, but I'd gladly pay 25% more to have the cruises I came to love in the 90s.  Or even 10 years ago.  

BUT, if some things need to be cut - the platinum gift, the horrible chocolate covered mushy / half rotten strawberries, quit developing the photos and just have the photos be available to view from your state room or at kiosks throughout the ship - then pay to develop what you like.  

• Like 1

I read a story on google that inferred JH is thinking carnival should cut out the platinum gift. Some cruisers did not like the lanyard. I have just become platinum and like free stuff. But maybe the gift could be optional. Click on it when filling out boarding info. 

3 hours ago, coevan said:

can you post this? JH is all about the guests

"responding to a poster who’d suggested that anyone else associated with this particular gift “should be fired immediately,” Heald did not hold back. Instead, he said this particular complaint would “have to wait while I help people with hurricane questions and while I consider again if we should just stop the gift all together." I am not sure i can post the cruise radio link. He may be referring to the lanyard only. 

Edited by geckoaz
Quotes

11 hours ago, geckoaz said:

I read a story on google that inferred JH is thinking carnival should cut out the platinum gift. Some cruisers did not like the lanyard. I have just become platinum and like free stuff. But maybe the gift could be optional. Click on it when filling out boarding info. 

Link?

15 hours ago, geckoaz said:

All gifts are optional as there is no requirement to take it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sandy1415 said:

Nothing was more wasteful then to eliminate the drink stirrers, when asked for something to mix your drink they hand you a more expensive full size  straw. Really?

They must cost the cruise lines a fortune. :classic_rolleyes:

The shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. I bring my own. I think most people do.  

Shaq. Is he even relevant anymore? Other than for Gold Bond and Buick...

Race tracks (or is this NCL?), Roller coaster, air bike, IMAX, etc.   It seems cool but that's not really why people cruise.

Bad entertainment.  Although, Carnival things I have seen were good to the extent I have seen them.  The offender I am thinking of was actually another cruise line.

Don't sacrifice food quality or service.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Race tracks (or is this NCL?), Roller coaster, air bike, IMAX, etc.   It seems cool but that's not really why people cruise.

It might not be why you cruise but some people enjoy these supplemental activities. There are more traditional cruise lines or ships if that is what you’re looking for.