Victoria 4 hours at night

mario64

Next week we’re sailing Alaska with a final stop in Victoria. Problem is, we arrive at 8pm and leave at midnight. I know nothing of this place. Is there stuff to do around the Pier? We have no excursions planned but would like to maybe shop and see what we can in that short amount of time. Weatherman says it will be raining. Any suggestions? Thank you

Edited by mario64

16 minutes ago, mario64 said:

Great thank you. So the Inner Harbor is walking distance from the ship?

Depends on your fitness level.  Google Maps can help you make that decision (the cruise terminal/port is near the Ogden Point Sundial).  I did a ship excursion tour that allowed people to leave the bus at the last place that was pointed out - the Legislative Assembly building across from the Fairmont Empress - and I think they said it was a 30 minute walk back to the port.

You also want to consider that you'll be in an unfamiliar place, walking in the dark.

It's easily walkable, but as noted above it will be dark and unfamiliar. Easier to take a taxi or shuttle if available. (There have always been shuttles when I've cruised there, but not sure so late in the season.) They will be just outside the ship docking area next to the parking lot. 

• 4 weeks later...

We were just there last week,  and while we did have more the just your four hours,  we walked into town and took a pickle boat back to Fisherman's wharf then walked to ship.  We were away from ship around four hours.  I would take a cab into town and go to Irish Times pub/restaurant and have a scotch egg and a beer......just a suggestion......:)

19 minutes ago, Qcruise said:

We were just there last week,  and while we did have more the just your four hours,  we walked into town and took a pickle boat back to Fisherman's wharf then walked to ship.  We were away from ship around four hours.  I would take a cab into town and go to Irish Times pub/restaurant and have a scotch egg and a beer......just a suggestion......:)

Thanks for the response. We’re back from our cruise now. We ended up doing the BC Bites and Sites excursion. It was ok. It was dark and rainy so only so much we could do. In daytime and with good weather I bet it’s a great place to visit