Visa for Turkey

Richard04

Im on the Ancient Empires cruise next month which stops at Kusadasi Turkey for one day.

I believe that we don't need a visa for Turkey as we are on a cruise and visiting for less than 72 hours but have had some contradictory advice.

Anyone had a problem with this? 

We’ve been to Turkey several times in the last few years.  The only time we’ve needed a visa was flying out of Istanbul after ending a cruise there.  We stayed a couple of days after the cruise to tour Istanbul.  The other visits were just cruise stops and no visa required.

56 minutes ago, sunnytag said:

Richard04 is from Aus not the US...does this make a difference.  I think you shoud do a check with either Turkey or Aus officials.:classic_smile:

The exemption is not limited to US citizens. From the Turkey eVisa site:

According to the Law on Foreigners and International Protection which entered into force on 11th April 2014, those foreigners who arrive at sea ports and intend to visit the seaport city or nearby provinces for touristic purpose are exempt from visa provided that their stay does not exceed seventy two (72) hours. However, if you arrive in/depart from our country by air for your cruise tour, you must obtain a visa.

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/info/do-i-need-an-e-visa-if-i-am-on-a-cruise-ship/

• Thanks 1