Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
LeesaB

Roatan Port Expansion

Recommended Posts

https://roatantourismbureau.com/roatan-news/port-of-roatan-expansion

 

Looks pretty impressive; interested in others' thoughts.

 

On a similar note, it looks like in early 2020 they're going to start having 4 ships (or more) regularly call to the island.  The estimated passenger load on the day that we'll be there in March is something like 12,000.  Is the island ready for THAT many cruise ship visitors on the regular?  Based on photos I've seen (as of 6 weeks ago or so anyway), it looks like they still have a long way to go to get the additional port area developed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LeesaB said:

https://roatantourismbureau.com/roatan-news/port-of-roatan-expansion

 

Looks pretty impressive; interested in others' thoughts.

 

On a similar note, it looks like in early 2020 they're going to start having 4 ships (or more) regularly call to the island.  The estimated passenger load on the day that we'll be there in March is something like 12,000.  Is the island ready for THAT many cruise ship visitors on the regular?  Based on photos I've seen (as of 6 weeks ago or so anyway), it looks like they still have a long way to go to get the additional port area developed.

 

 

4 ships on Roatan or 4 ships at Coxen Hole?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

 

 

4 ships on Roatan or 4 ships at Coxen Hole?

Pretty sure all the cruise ship port timetable websites use both ports for Roatan.  They always show Carnival and RCL/NCL/ect. anyway.

 

Though the website claims that Coxen Hole can support 3 cruise ships even now, which I find disconcerting (one at the dock and two tendered).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeesaB said:

Pretty sure all the cruise ship port timetable websites use both ports for Roatan.  They always show Carnival and RCL/NCL/ect. anyway.

 

Though the website claims that Coxen Hole can support 3 cruise ships even now, which I find disconcerting (one at the dock and two tendered).

 

 Sounds correct.

 

I understand two can dock at Mahogany Bay wind permitting ( never been so can’t verify) but  I have certainly seen one RCL docked at Coxen Hole with at least one NCL tendering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...