Diamond Status Inherited By Our Daughter Who Then Gets Married

CRUISEFOUR

Exactly. He will also be Diamond, and she will retain status. She will earn her own points to get to Diamond + and beyond. And as a spouse at the same address, he will share her loyalty level, even though he will always be point deficient. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: 

A lot of people will disagree with me, but this is a big part of why the diamond lounges are so crowded.  A child could go on one cruise and get their parents D or D+ status - marries and the spouse gets the same status and then their children, and it goes on and on, even if they only had a couple of points they earned themselves.  I really think that once the children reach a certain age, they should have to earn their own tiers.

• Like 40

14 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

A lot of people will disagree with me, but this is a big part of why the diamond lounges are so crowded.  A child could go on one cruise and get their parents D or D+ status - marries and the spouse gets the same status and then their children, and it goes on and on, even if they only had a couple of points they earned themselves.  I really think that once the children reach a certain age, they should have to earn their own tiers.

I think solo traveling has a lot more to do with it. Especially the rapid increase in Pinnacles.

I dont see the lounges overcrowded with millennials 

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, robandana said:

I also think this will only be the case after his first cruise. You may want to check but I think your C&A membership does not exist until you have done at least 1 cruise.

No, not the case any longer. Once signed up (establishes a C&A account) even before that first cruise and linked with spouse he will automatically get her status on his first cruise.

• Like 1

Just now, Ashland said:

No, not the case any longer. Once signed up (establishes a C&A account) even before that first cruise and linked with spouse he will automatically get her status on his first cruise.

Sorry, I guess I was quoting older info. 

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think solo traveling has a lot more to do with it. Especially the rapid increase in Pinnacles.

I dont see the lounges overcrowded with millennials 

Yet a solo in the DL doesn't contribute to crowding as much.

I don't disagree with your statement, but there are many factors in elite numbers increasing.

• There are over 70,000 guests on Royal ships every single night of the year.  More ships with larger capacity means more people are cruising.  Five years ago that number was significantly less.  Five years from now it will be significantly more.
  • A strong economy means people are buying cruise vacations more
  • You don't see millennials in the DL because they are in the workforce compared to retirees who typically are older so you see an older crowd in the DL more.  This actually proves that Diamond by child proxy aren't the issue contributing to DL crowds.
  • Diamond by proxy who are 21+ probably aren't cruising as much since they are in college, early in careers, early years building families.  Consequently they aren't present to contribute to the DL crowding.
  • The DL isn't crowded during the day, it's only crowded during happy hour. 
  • It's the free booze that make DL's crowded.   Take away the unlimited DL drinks and the DL crowds will be much better.
Edited by twangster
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yet a solo in the DL doesn't contribute to crowding as much.

I don't disagree with your statement, but there are many factors in elite numbers increasing.

• There are over 70,000 guests on Royal ships every single night of the year.  More ships with larger capacity means more people are cruising.  Five years ago that number was significantly less.  Five years from now it will be significantly more.
  • A strong economy means people are buying cruise vacations more
  • You don't see millennials in the DL because they are in the workforce compared to retirees who typically are older so you see an older crowd in the DL more.  This actually proves that Diamond by child proxy aren't the issue contributing to DL crowds.
  • Diamond by proxy who are 21+ probably aren't cruising as much since they are in college, early in careers, early years building families.  Consequently they aren't present to contribute to the DL crowding.
  • The DL isn't crowded during the day, it's only crowded during happy hour. 
  • It's the free booze that make DL's crowded.   Take away the unlimited DL drinks and the DL crowds will be much better.

It contributes when said solo cruiser brings their spouse. I'm also seeing a lot of couples cruising solo. Limiting drinks will reduce lounge crowds 

Edited by John&LaLa

4 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

How are they diamond with less than 80 points? 

She inherited the C&A level from her parents (pre-18). It all sounds hypothetical to me. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It contributes when said solo cruiser brings their spouse. I'm also seeing a lot of couples cruising solo. Limiting drinks will reduce lounge crowds 

For sure.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen or isn't a factor but I don't think that is how the majority of people in the DL gained access.

It's a loyalty program that appears to be fulfilling that mission.  If the numbers weren't swelling that would mean more folks are spending money with the competition.  

I still say take away unlimited HH drinks and crowds will diminish over night.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Inherited status originally from her parents as the OP said.

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

She inherited the level from her parents (pre-18). It all sounds hypothetical to me. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Got it. So the 66 points all came after she turned 18. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Got it. So the 66 points all came after she turned 18. Thanks. 

No. She probably earned 66 points by cruising with her parents. Her parents were Diamond, so she is too.

According to the program, she keeps her Diamond status (from her parents), her 66 points and she must then earn future levels on her own. If she marries, spouse will also be Diamond. Even though they don't have enough points. 

We don't have any kids. This is what I have learned from Cruise Critic and reading. :classic_rolleyes: :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

No. She probably earned 66 points by cruising with her parents. Her parents were Diamond, so she is too.

According to the program, she keeps her Diamond status (from her parents), her 66 points and she must then earn future levels on her own. If she marries, spouse will also be Diamond. Even though they don't have enough points. 

We don't have any kids. This is what I have learned from Cruise Critic and reading. :classic_rolleyes: :classic_biggrin:

And, you are absolutely correct and what has been our personal experience with our kids (now adults) with spouses and children of their own. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

I still say take away unlimited HH drinks and crowds will diminish over night.  

Sure will diminish over night ... We would Cancel and cruise with another company , more free drink included deals out there now 😊🍻

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

You really should determine if the new son-in-law is C&A status point worthy or not. LOL :classic_biggrin: What happens if they get divorced and he re-marries, only to pass on his on his "unearned" Diamond status? <jk> :classic_biggrin::classic_huh:

Exactly! The dilution of the privilege or earned status continues to multiply. 

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

You are correct. Our daughter’s 66 points are from cruises she mainly cruised with us.

This is where the system is flawed... so the daughter A has inherited status from parents and gets married to B...

A and B are both diamond

A and B divorce

A moves in with C and C becomes diamond

B moves in with D and D becomes diamond

A and C split up.

A moves in with E and E becomes diamond

C moves in with F and F becomes diamond......

No wonder the lounge is overcrowded! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CRUISEFOUR said:

Let me take this one step further. Does my daughter need to be married for her spouse to assume her status or can the two of them just be living together with the same address?

They can be living together at the same address do not have to be married

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CRUISEFOUR said:

Let me take this one step further. Does my daughter need to be married for her spouse to assume her status or can the two of them just be living together with the same address?

move in together is all that's required!