Club Orange on Nieuw Amsterdam question

Sun&Sand52

Currently waitlisted for Early Dining (requested a table for 2) and I am not holding out much hope for getting early dining as booked this cruise very close to sailing date.  Last time we sailed on the NA we had Anytime Dining and wanted a table for 2 and pretty much every night there was quite a long wait for seating.  I guess we were “newbies” on HAL and didn’t know we should come at 5:50 😱 for dinner.  So.... this time around I am trying to minimize the wait for dinner and was **considering** springing the $$ for Club Orange so that we could have dinner without a wait.  Yes, I do understand that the NA does not have a dedicated restaurant like her larger sister ships and on the NA you just get a different menu for CO.  But, I thought (????) if you purchased the CO deal, you would have preferred seating in the main dining room no matter what time you showed up such as between 6 and 7.  When I spoke with my PCC he said that CO people have access to a concierge on board who would make these reservations for you.  But I am not sure that is really the correct information that I have received. 

So, if there is anyone here on this board who has had experience on the NA with Club Orange, it would be great to hear from them regarding preferential or quick seating at the main dining room.  Or their experience in general with Club Orange on the Niew Amsterdam.

Of course, the other alternative for us is to just do specialty dining instead of CO.  Anyway, just curious if there is someone who has experienced Club Orange on the Niew Amsterdam.  Thanks in advance for any comments!

If you check with the Dining Room Manager (there will be an announced location to meet) when you board, the chance of getting early seating is very good. There are always many arrangements going on that first day.

Getting a table for two might be a little more challenging. 

We just got off Nieuw Amsterdam this morning, and I don't think they had Club Orange yet.

I think someone posted a list of when they start Club Orange on each ship a while back, and I recall seeing it's starting on the cruise after ours, so people who are on the ship right now might have the answer.

FYI, we had Anytime Dining and ate in main dining room twice (both on Gala Night). We eat early (between 5 pm and 5:30 pm), so we had no trouble making reservations (table for 2).

6 hours ago, crunchii said:

We just got off Nieuw Amsterdam this morning, and I don't think they had Club Orange yet.

IIRC, the Club Orange rollout for NAM was the 7 Sep (this week's) cruise.   I remember that distinctly since we're cruising on NAM departing next week, ie 14 Sep.

We're in a Neptune. Our son and his wife are in a balcony and did accept the upgrade to Club Orange.  Between the two of us, we should have some answers.  I probably won't report back before 22 Sep.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, crunchii said:

I think someone posted a list of when they start Club Orange on each ship a while back, and I recall seeing it's starting on the cruise after ours, so people who are on the ship right now might have the answer.

FYI, we had Anytime Dining and ate in main dining room twice (both on Gala Night). We eat early (between 5 pm and 5:30 pm), so we had no trouble making reservations (table for 2).

Glad to hear you did not have difficulty getting a table for 2 in the main dining room.  I am sure the key to this is eating early as you did, which I can see we will have to do.  That will make DH very happy as he loves to eat early! 🙃

12 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

IIRC, the Club Orange rollout for NAM was the 7 Sep (this week's) cruise.   I remember that distinctly since we're cruising on NAM departing next week, ie 14 Sep.

We're in a Neptune. Our son and his wife are in a balcony and did accept the upgrade to Club Orange.  Between the two of us, we should have some answers.  I probably won't report back before 22 Sep.

Thanks RocketMan, I would be very interested to hear about Club Orange on the NAM.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.  Enjoy your upcoming cruise!! 😊