Group Cruise Booking was Cancelled

Dlady47

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

A quick idiot’s guide - according to the Cambridge English Dictionary an Influencer is "a marketing person or group that has the ability to influence the behaviour or opinions of others. Their effect on the purchase decision is some way significant or authoritative."

In my (simple) mind we are all essentially ‘influencers’, but from a digital marketing perspective – and this article – an influencer is in fact a slightly nonsense word made up to reference the increasingly sought-after people on Instagram that have a large following, typically above 25k.

These are people that, like bloggers, can command huge prices to endorse a product or service.

Never mind.

Edited by richsea
No sense getting into it.
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 4:16 PM, dog said:

Exactly believe you are correct. And I've dealt with this TA for 20 years. Sometimes a good price, but does not usually compare to what I see my USA friends pay. Covered by TICO here in Ont.

And she came through for me again. I sent her the Great Escapes sale info  and asked for my recent Panama booking to be refared with a Refundable deposit. I am now paying $850 less for this cruise with a RD! Keeping this TA!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dog said:

And she came through for me again. I sent her the Great Escapes sale info  and asked for my recent Panama booking to be refared with a Refundable deposit. I am now paying $850 less for this cruise with a RD! Keeping this TA!

Congrats! There are some great TAs out there! Important to point out.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, Coral said:

I feel sorry for them also. 

Technically, people do cancel at the last minute. I don't know how far down they are on the waitlist. I am guessing there are people from the coast of North Carolina and South Carolina who maybe cancelling.

I wonder if they would get the cruise at the same price that they originally paid

1 hour ago, geocruiser said:

Did Princess tell you that they messed up?  How did you find out?  I am happy to hear that all is OK now.

The affected person is getting her room paid for and some other perks. Honestly, we will never really know. The only one she heard from is TA.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dlady47 said:

The affected person is getting her room paid for and some other perks. Honestly, we will never really know. The only one she heard from is TA.

You are right she will never know. But at least she is getting her cabin paid for and some perks.

Edited by geocruiser

42 minutes ago, Dlady47 said:

And of course the TA is blaming Princess.

Let's remember that the TA did not make the credit card payment straight to Princess, a definite red flag.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Dlady47 said:

The Travel Agency would have been giving quite a few free rooms with this size of a group, or she could have taken them as extra commission if she choose to do so. That maybe where the free room is coming from.

I would have thought the resolution would have been quicker if it had been Princess's error but we will never know. 

Enjoy Alaska!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...