Robe mysteriously showed up

TwinMommyByGrace

My dh and I sailed in a neptune suite for the first time in July. We were on the Oosterdam. Something odd happened today. My husband received a box delivered by FedEx with a robe in it, from Holland America. We never used the robes on board and from everything I had read before you weren't supposed to take them at the end of the cruise, and we didn't, so I'm totally confused! Also, it was addressed to my dh  who is listed as guest 2(not primary) so that just adds to the confusion. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thought I'd check here before calling HAL. Thanks!

Did either of you order any packages that include a robe? Did he order it and not mention it to you? Did you check to see if they are your initials??? Could be a surprise gift for you. (if so, oops) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

Did either of you order any packages that include a robe? Did he order it and not mention it to you? Did you check to see if they are your initials??? Could be a surprise gift for you. (if so, oops) 

No, no package with a free robe, he didn't order anything and it is not monogrammed. The return address was Oosterdam and the Holland America underneath that. Also there was a note on or in the box that just stated "for offloading " so it would seem as if it was taken from our cabin after we disembarked and then went to us. I don't know. Very confusing. I'll give HAL a call on Monday if the mystery isn't solved by then  🔍

Have you looked at your credit card to see if the robe's cost was charged to you?  I've never heard of HAL sending a robe to a passenger who didn't order one.  I do know about the warnings that if a passenger takes one "by accident", HAL will be charging him/her for it.  Same deal with the blue and white striped beach towels.

Am curious to learn how this turns out.  Let us know.

2 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Have you looked at your credit card to see if the robe's cost was charged to you?  I've never heard of HAL sending a robe to a passenger who didn't order one.  I do know about the warnings that if a passenger takes one "by accident", HAL will be charging him/her for it.  Same deal with the blue and white striped beach towels.

Am curious to learn how this turns out.  Let us know.

Yes, checked the credit card statement, nothing on it we didn't charge. As always, we checked our on board account before disembarked and all was correct on that. The mystery remains. My thought it was an error, either when offloading they got the cabin number wrong or, because it's been 2 months maybe they were trying to figure out whose it was and they've guessed incorrectly. 

You did say you never used the robes.  Maybe there were 3 in the stateroom and you didn't notice.  If so possibly the Steward thought you purchased one and had it sent to you.  I know- far fetched but have never heard of this happening. Or another stateroom ordered a robe and someone put the wrong stateroom number on the order.

Were there by chance any problems on the cruise? Perhaps an apology? Worth a call to HAL

Was the robe new, or used (i.e. from rotating inventory)?  It doesn’t help to solve the mystery, I’m just curious.  We actually ordered HAL monogrammed robes many years ago and love them.  They are so soft and warm, but relatively light-weight.  

1 hour ago, Nymich said:

I hope he doesn't have a mistress.  j/k

I know you were trying to be humorous but that comment is highly inappropriate on a cruise message board. 

The topic of my post is about a robe, sent from HOLLAND AMERICA, not another woman, so your attempt at humor doesn’t even make sense for the context of the post. 

And, no, rest assured he doesn’t have a mistress. With 8 year old twins, a full time job working 12 hr shifts and me as a wife he doesn’t have the time! 😊

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Tantsee said:

Was the robe new, or used (i.e. from rotating inventory)?  It doesn’t help to solve the mystery, I’m just curious.  We actually ordered HAL monogrammed robes many years ago and love them.  They are so soft and warm, but relatively light-weight.  

Tantsee, it was new still in a cellophane bag, no monogram. 🤷🏼‍♀️Weird. It is very soft and does seem quite warm. I’ve got my eye on it (sorry dh) if we’re allowed to keep it 😊

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

Tantsee, it was new still in a cellophane bag, no monogram. 🤷🏼‍♀️Weird. It is very soft and does seem quite warm. I’ve got my eye on it (sorry dh) if we’re allowed to keep it 😊

The plot thickens!  Waiting to hear a resolution to this problem.  If I were HAL, I'd tell you to keep the robe and enjoy it.  Of course, if they mixed your cabin # with another passenger's who did order a robe, OOPS.  In that case, I would imagine the other passenger is burning up the phone line to Seattle and is asking about the missing robe.  I know I would be.  

If that turns out to be the problem, you should still get to keep your robe.  (In a perfect world.)  HAL is on the hook to send another to the passenger who paid for it.  Let's see what happens.  

21 minutes ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

Mystery solved! It is as I suspected, a mistake. Happy accident for us, free robe! And now, hopefully, whoever was supposed to get the robe has a new one on it’s way to them ASAP! Thanks to all who offered opinions!

YAY 🙂. Thanks for filling us in.

And, enjoy the robe 🙂 

20 minutes ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

Mystery solved! It is as I suspected, a mistake. Happy accident for us, free robe! And now, hopefully, whoever was supposed to get the robe has a new one on it’s way to them ASAP! Thanks to all who offered opinions!

Good thing you contacted them. Gratz on the new robe 😊