New embarkation procedures? Keys in room?

BURNS1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I just experienced this new way of doing it on the Adventure, and I am THRILLED.  I detested memorizing that code of random letters and numbers.  UGH.  I am so happy!!!!

You described it very well, too, and saved me the trouble of doing it - and not nearly as well.

By the way, the instructions are on your interactive cabin TV.  😄  (I know that Majesty doesn't have this, but Adventure does.  🙂 )

FYI, since you do B2Bs and know others who do B2Bs, I'll give you the low-down on how it works with this new method, because it drove me bonkers and I had to go ask the Voom Dude for help.

You have to actually do the "logoff.com" thing on turnaround day so the system thinks you're a new person.  This will give you the "create an internet account" link on the sign-in page so you can start over again.  

If you don't logoff.com, it will just tell you that "your package has expired, here are your options to pay through the nose for more internet service" and not acknowledge your prepaid package (or the fact that you have freebies coming to you from Crown & Anchor).  

Spread the word!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mets123 said:

Faster check in as well. Agents don't have to go to a central location to get your cards. You get onboard that much faster.

This is how I see it! - pretty much the most time consuming aspect to checking in ( not that it's massively time consuming, but every little helps as they say! )

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

FYI, since you do B2Bs and know others who do B2Bs, I'll give you the low-down on how it works with this new method, because it drove me bonkers and I had to go ask the Voom Dude for help.

You have to actually do the "logoff.com" thing on turnaround day so the system thinks you're a new person.  This will give you the "create an internet account" link on the sign-in page so you can start over again.  

If you don't logoff.com, it will just tell you that "your package has expired, here are your options to pay through the nose for more internet service" and not acknowledge your prepaid package (or the fact that you have freebies coming to you from Crown & Anchor).  

Spread the word!

Here is something odd.  On Empress, our account expired on day 7 of an 8 day cruise. I had to get GS to reset my account. 

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I just experienced this new way of doing it on the Adventure, and I am THRILLED.  I detested memorizing that code of random letters and numbers.  UGH.  I am so happy!!!!

You described it very well, too, and saved me the trouble of doing it - and not nearly as well.

By the way, the instructions are on your interactive cabin TV.  😄  (I know that Majesty doesn't have this, but Adventure does.  🙂 )

Oh, and I should mention that Majesty JUST started doing this.  I was on Majesty from July 31 to August 10, and we did it the old way with the stupid random codes.  😉 

What's really nice is getting a second code when we sailed in a suite on Harmony.  I could use phone and laptop at the same time. 😁

5 hours ago, BURNS1 said:

Thanks!  I guess we can't put a hole in the card anymore then.  I always have and put it on my wrist, on an coil keychain, shucks.

I go to the guest services and they are punch ready.  They have a electronic punch that puts a rectangular slot is a safe area for the strip.

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks for the link.  That was interesting to see.  Any word on when these will roll out fleet wide?  Wondering if they will be available on Allure next year.

29 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Thanks for the link.  That was interesting to see.  Any word on when these will roll out fleet wide?  Wondering if they will be available on Allure next year.

Highly unlikely to be rolled out fleetwide.  So far, Royal has not retrofitted thousands of door locks on older ships to accommodate the wrist bands.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've never seen that on Harmony 

hole punching has been available at guest services on any RCI ship that we asked for it.  We have not been on Harmony (until Dec 2019), but hope it will be available.  Perhaps it is just another way that RCI is managing income.  I guess I might need to buy a landyard (or a hole punch)😉

20 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

hole punching has been available at guest services on any RCI ship that we asked for it.  We have not been on Harmony (until Dec 2019), but hope it will be available.  Perhaps it is just another way that RCI is managing income.  I guess I might need to buy a landyard (or a hole punch)😉

Harmony, Symphony, Quantum class ships.  Have you been on any of those?  Those are the ships that have RFID chips with the little antenna thingie in the card, which CANNOT be messed with.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Harmony, Symphony, Quantum class ships.  Have you been on any of those?  Those are the ships that have RFID chips with the little antenna thingie in the card, which CANNOT be messed with.

We were on Anthem and they knew at guest services where to safely punch the card.

18 hours ago, brillohead said:

You can put the card in a thin clear pocket and attach that to the coil.  

13 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

I go to the guest services and they are punch ready.  They have a electronic punch that puts a rectangular slot is a safe area for the strip.

We've always used a lanyard (hubby) and wrist coil. Do you know what Adventure and Serenade have?

Thanx,

Erika

1 hour ago, PigsCanFly said:

We were on Anthem and they knew at guest services where to safely punch the card.

We were just on Anthem and they had a guest services person standing next to the line just punching people's seapass cards. It was painless and seems to work much better than that plastic sleeve that makes it so hard to take the card out.

8 hours ago, P8aTe24kDwkVf said:

We were just on Anthem and they had a guest services person standing next to the line just punching people's seapass cards. It was painless and seems to work much better than that plastic sleeve that makes it so hard to take the card out.

If the plastic sleeve is thin enough, the RFID can transmit through the plastic -- no need to remove the card for scanning.