Armed forces /Blue light discounts

Information for those who are Serving or veterans - in addition Blue light workers which includes NHS , Care workers etc

10% discount off the cruise portion of the Fare - for the holder - if both hold a card its 10% off each

It must be booked direct with RCI - either over the phone or with 'Next Cruise' on board 

for a standard 14 night cruise of say £2800 each its a discount of roughly £260 -

when combined with your Crown and Anchor ( which is allowed ) its a good £300-450 off 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevengjames said:

Information for those who are Serving or veterans - in addition Blue light workers which includes NHS , Care workers etc

10% discount off the cruise portion of the Fare - for the holder - if both hold a card its 10% off each

It must be booked direct with RCI - either over the phone or with 'Next Cruise' on board 

for a standard 14 night cruise of say £2800 each its a discount of roughly £260 -

when combined with your Crown and Anchor ( which is allowed ) its a good £300-450 off 

Served at Honington in the late 80's

1 minute ago, stevengjames said:

Its not new its been there for ages but until you know it's not known about 

I have done it on last two cruises with RCI so I know it does work 

Enjoy

Thanks for the info.  I'm not sure this is an option for US/Canadian bookings.  We do have occasional discounts for Military/Police/Fire etc., but those are only on selected categories/sailings.

14 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We do have occasional discounts for Military/Police/Fire etc.,

Huh, when? Rarely, at best! I can't even remember the last time the rate was reduced due to being part of the PD (parents). I think cruise lines should do more (like what MSC does) to recognize those who protect our country! Like $100 OBC per stateroom, that is combinable with the C&A discount. 

6 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Huh, when? Rarely, at best! I can't even remember the last time the rate was reduced due to being part of the PD (parents). I think cruise lines should do more (like what MSC does) to recognize those who protect our country! Like $100 OBC per stateroom, that is combinable with the C&A discount. 

Yes, I agree.  I think Carnival/Princess/HAL also have OBC for Military that's available every cruise and combinable.

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

This must be brand new, never heard of this before.

Hi Bob,

this is specifically a UK thing.  Its been around for some years and tends to be off most cruises.  

The person must first apply to get the Blue Light Card and prove their eligibility to get one.  Once they have the card, the discount is available.

Its also available on Celebrity Cruises.

I was VERY excited when I first found out about it approx 12 months ago, and have benefitted ever since 🙂 

Jean 

22 minutes ago, Jeannie333333 said:

Hi Bob,

this is specifically a UK thing.  Its been around for some years and tends to be off most cruises.  

The person must first apply to get the Blue Light Card and prove their eligibility to get one.  Once they have the card, the discount is available.

Its also available on Celebrity Cruises.

I was VERY excited when I first found out about it approx 12 months ago, and have benefitted ever since 🙂 

Jean 

Thank-you for the explanation Jean, this is something I had not heard of until today.