ORD Connection--Domestic to International

rbslos18

Next July we are flying from O'hare to Venice. We have two flight options to connect from the domestic terminal to th eoverseas terminal. The shorter connection is 1h 43m. The earlier flight has a 3h 55m connection. Which flight would you choose?

Thanks

RB

You didn't bother to mention your airline, which actually matters in such discussions.

However, since the only airport currently serving VCE from ORD is American, we can make that assumption.

Although there is an "International Terminal", that is for all arriving international flights that need to clear immigration and customs (not the pre-clearance locations).  It is also for SOME departing international flights, usually on foreign carriers.  Typically, AA international departures leave from Terminal 3, which is where your flight from SDF would arrive.  So you would not be changing terminals.

• Like 2

Me I would choose earlier.  

Yes it will be a long day but why note just do it in a relaxing way.

I prefer earlier flights (although you didn't say what time and more time for connections).

Some will say they wouldn't want such a long connection.

Keith

Pick either one...AA will change their schedule and flight times out of SDF at least 10times between now and next July so there’s no telling what the actual layover times will be by then.  😂😂

Edited by mhb1757

O'Hare has been doing a decent job of making improvements. Terminal 3 has a restaurant called Publican Tavern that I still seek out even if I'm flying out of Terminal 1. All things being equal, I don't think there's a particular downside to the earlier flight - 4 hours at O'Hare can pass by quickly enough. 

Thought problem.  There is one flight per day from ORD to VCE.   If a flight delay or cancellation were to occur on an inbound connection to that flight, would you rather that delay happen with the earlier flight or the later one?  Being on which flight would give you the better chance of making your onward flight to VCE?

• Like 2