Montreal Botanical Gardens - Gardens of Light

Cyber Kat

I have been looking for things to do in Montreal for basically 1 full day and one day interrupted by boarding the Viking Sea at lunch time.  I have been considering several things, and looking at all the Montreal tourism sights, and I think for the full day, I have settled on the Botanical Gardens.  There seems to be much of interest there - especially the Gardens of Light and the Planetarium.  My question is about the Gardens of Light.  I'm finding it difficult to pin down the price.  It looks like it's $18.95 for seniors, but I am seeing some listings with a range from $18.95 to $34.95.  I'm thinking there must be something else included for the higher price, but I can't seem to find what is included.

I know you have to pick a time, so I'm wondering  what would be the best time for optimal enjoyment.  We will be there Sept 24-27th and our full day is the 25th.  And one last thing.  Is there somewhere to eat in the Botanical Gardens?  Is it decent food?  Or should we look in the surrounding area?

Hi - I'm looking at doing this on Sept 15th in the evening.  I'm not 100% sure yet if we're going to, but if I do I will be sure to get you answers.

From what I see, the $18.95 would ONLY be for the Gardens Of Light.  If you wanted regular day access to the botanical gardens during the day, or the Planetarium, it's more.  I'll see what they have for food too if I go. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Hi - I'm looking at doing this on Sept 15th in the evening.  I'm not 100% sure yet if we're going to, but if I do I will be sure to get you answers.

From what I see, the $18.95 would ONLY be for the Gardens Of Light.  If you wanted regular day access to the botanical gardens during the day, or the Planetarium, it's more.  I'll see what they have for food too if I go. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

I suggest you go on TA and look at the reviews for this garden.  We will be in Montreal for several nights prior to a cruise and I was planning to include the Botanical Garden in our travels until I read several review which were consistent in their appraisal of the current state of the gardens.