empress OTS, may 2020

creaghadoos

I like the months of May and September the best.  Temperatures are very comfortable.  Typically you will not need a jacket in the daytime unless it is raining. Bring a rain jacket and a few long and short sleeves to layer and you will be fine.  Coming from Ireland you may find it very similar to your own weather.

I looked to see the official average temps for Portland, Maine in May. [just as an example]  It is a high of 67 [19C] and a low of 47 [8C].  However, May is a month of change.  It can be cool at the beginning and hot at the end. 

• Thanks 1

On 9 September 2019 at 1:08 PM, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I like the months of May and September the best.  Temperatures are very comfortable.  Typically you will not need a jacket in the daytime unless it is raining. Bring a rain jacket and a few long and short sleeves to layer and you will be fine.  Coming from Ireland you may find it very similar to your own weather.

I looked to see the official average temps for Portland, Maine in May. [just as an example]  It is a high of 67 [19C] and a low of 47 [8C].  However, May is a month of change.  It can be cool at the beginning and hot at the end. 

oh dear, 

much the same as home, 

wish me luck telling this to the wife.

19 hours ago, creaghadoos said:

oh dear, 

much the same as home, 

wish me luck telling this to the wife.

Creaghadoos, I’ve just hiked down to Teelin from the heights of Slieve League and I must say that the weather here this week is not dissimilar to that of the coastal areas of Nova Scotia in May. Additionally, Donegal has the advantage of the warm Gulf Stream currents that Nova Scotia does not. If you dress as you would at home you will not go wrong. Sorry.  

5 hours ago, laverendrye said:

Creaghadoos, I’ve just hiked down to Teelin from the heights of Slieve League and I must say that the weather here this week is not dissimilar to that of the coastal areas of Nova Scotia in May. Additionally, Donegal has the advantage of the warm Gulf Stream currents that Nova Scotia does not. If you dress as you would at home you will not go wrong. Sorry.  

you have the pleasure of visiting what i think is one of the nicest places in the world. hope you enjoyed our lovely county. 

thank you for your answer

16 hours ago, creaghadoos said:

you have the pleasure of visiting what i think is one of the nicest places in the world. hope you enjoyed our lovely county. 

thank you for your answer

Yes, in Donegal the countryside is spectacular and the people warm and welcoming. 

• Like 1