Copenhagen Hotels

sanibelgirl

Planning a Baltic cruise in May 2020 on Sky Princess and staying 2 nights before and 2 nights after in Copenhagen.  I may not be needing A/C at the end of May and early June, but we are looking for hotels with A/C. Can anyone share their experience with the hotel situation in Copenhagen?  So far, the costs have been pretty high ... $420 per night which does include a high VAT tax plus additional taxes.  Looking at 71 Nyhavn Hotel at this time but willing to consider any suggestions.  Thanks for your help.

We stayed at the Wake Up Borgegade before our Baltic Cruise and it worked out great.  The location is great in that it's just a few minutes' walk from Nyhavn, the Stroget, Tivoli, etc.  The rooms are small (similar to a larger cabin on a cruise ship) but everything is so well designed that there's space for a queen bed, desk and chair, TV, and en suite bathroom.  The breakfast buffet (an extra charge) is extensive so you definitely won't go hungry.   And, there's A/C and free WiFi.    The refundable rate for their Heaven Room (their best-located rooms for 2 people, which is what we had) for dates in mid-May is currently around $230 per night including VAT.

Edited by GradUT

If you don't mind staying outside of downtown, the AC Bella Sky Hotel might be a bit less expensive. It's only a couple minutes walk to the Metro which will get you to downtown in less than 10 minutes. They also have shuttle service to/from the airport and the cruise terminals. I stayed there for 1 night precruise in July and liked it.

We stayed 1 night at the Marriott, which I believe had AC, and 1 night at Absalon, which did not, but provided a fan, and the windows opened. 

We loved both for different reasons, but I feel the absalon was in a *better* location. Not necessarily nicer, but easier to walk to many attractions and restaurants. The rooms at both were large in my opinion. 

The only downfall of absalon was that the neighborhood is a little sketchy, and there was a lot of yelling outside until 4am.  We were exhausted so it didn’t bother us, but if you are a light sleeper, I’d maybe look elsewhere. 

We are doing the same cruise in June. Someone on here recommended Hotel Tiffany for us and we booked directly through their website to get the welcome goodies. Everyone in my party seems to agree the hotel looks nice and the price is good. We had a little difficulty finding a hotel that slept 3 at a decent price. Breakfast is included in the price.