New steakhouse menu - Wagyu beef cut?

jdemps

Does anyone know what cut of beef the wagyu beef is on the new steak house menu?  This is the only description listed on the online menu.

australian wagyu* The Highest Quality Japanese Beef, Unparalleled In Flavor & Tenderness

Thanks.

They are not ribeyes and they are not Japanese Wagyu. They are hanger steaks very difficult to cook correctly and over cooked will be chewy. Real Japanese Wagyu is almost white, it's so fatty looking, which gives it it's tenderness. Wholesale they can be over $100 a pound depending on the cut. I have seen them in upscale steakhouses for $30 an ounce and up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know anyone who has enjoyed the Wagyu, I certainly didn't.  My preference is the 9 oz filet mignon, med. rare, with a Himalayan salt and peppercorn sauce if available.  Occasionally I'll order a NY strip instead.  But Wagyu was one and done.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, evandbob said:

I don't know anyone who has enjoyed the Wagyu, I certainly didn't.  My preference is the 9 oz filet mignon, med. rare, with a Himalayan salt and peppercorn sauce if available.  Occasionally I'll order a NY strip instead.  But Wagyu was one and done.

You are talking about the cut on Carnival. A N.Y. or Ribeye Wagyu would blow your mind, not american Wagyu, not the same. 

9 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

So... given the scant replies, it sounds like the cowboy ribeye will be my choice if I do the steak house.

On our last cruise the waiter said that it can be a little tough and if you like a tender, juicy steak you would prefer the ribeye, which is what we got.  It was delicious!

12 hours ago, coevan said:

You are talking about the cut on Carnival. A N.Y. or Ribeye Wagyu would blow your mind, not american Wagyu, not the same. 

Exactly.  I figured the OP was asking about the Carnival Steakhouse entree, which is where they saw the item.

I had wagu for the first time on the Vista. My usual order is the filet. I thought it was amazing!  My husband was disappointed because I ate all of it. I never eat all my beef and he always gets a good portion.  My daughter also thought it was good and she has a more sophisticated palate than I do.  

We did the Chefs Table this year in February, it was not good, in fact, most people left it on the plate.  It tasted like stringy pot roast, real bad.  

I have been to fine restaurants that actually have "real" Wagyu, and its so scrumptious and VERY expensive, you be sure with the price you paying your not getting the real thing.  Your getting "wangus"...(a new beed wagyu and Angus cattle...which is a quarter-blood wagyu bulls with Angus cows).  It does not taste the same as real wagyu beef.  Leave it to Carnival to make us think were getting the "real thing", trust me your not and the taste is totally different too, not good.