Beach near Naples Port?

MCazer

On 9/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, MCazer said:

I am from NY as well, and I know we tend to walk around with a heightened sense of awareness that may not always be the case if you are from a different state.

that being said, I would google the term “pickpocket in Italy” and look at the videos.  They definitely give you an idea of what to look out for.

I posted a story (probably a year or two ago) about two fellow passengers on a Celebrity Silhouette cruise that had their passports, wallets, and other stuff snatched off the beach in Tel Aviv, Israel.  What makes this story interesting is that the man is a NYC Police Detective as is his wife :).    True Story...as we met this couple on the ship, and needless to say they told us they felt like fools.

Hank

3 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I posted a story (probably a year or two ago) about two fellow passengers on a Celebrity Silhouette cruise that had their passports, wallets, and other stuff snatched off the beach in Tel Aviv, Israel.  What makes this story interesting is that the man is a NYC Police Detective as is his wife :).    True Story...as we met this couple on the ship, and needless to say they told us they felt like fools.

Hank

When we go to the beach on vacation, we leave nothing on the beach worth anything when we go in the water.  I have one of those waterproof bags and keep it all with me.  

Funny, my Dad was a cop and I guess he instilled a sense of awareness that has served me well.  Some may feel that I go a little “overboard”, but I rather be safe than sorry.

I also own one of the PacSafe steel mesh bags that I can lock to a tree, chair, etc when needed.  It’s more of a deterrent.  If someone wants something, they will try to get it.  I just won’t make it easy for them.