Just ordered this "backpack" for going ashore.

clo

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/urban-originals-hello-again-convertible-vegan-leather-backpack/5427567?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home%2FAll Results&color=pink

I like that it can be a backpack or a shoulder bag and seems to have adequate pockets for things I don't want to have to dig around for.  I've never used a backpack so we'll see.  And it was on sale 🙂  And free shopping in both directions so I can return if it doesn't suit me.

43 minutes ago, Lilikins said:

Oh, I like that also.  Can you post a pic or two of it?  

Don't you love Nordy?  🙂

I've got two from, surprise, Sherpani.  I'm horrible at posting photos, so I won't.  But If you go to their website http://sherpani.com you can see them.  My newest one is The Dispatch - I'm using it daily right now.  I also have the Tempest - I've had this one for a few years.  Travelled all over with that one without a hitch.  

• Like 1

I will be honest - I haven’t actually used it yet. Bought it on impulse while researching and getting excited for my trip. I wanted to get something I could use as a backpack while moving from city to city during my land trip before my cruise, but use as a crossbody while touring the city to avoid looking so touristy. It has lots of pockets. For fake leather, it looks and feels very nice. The only issue I have is that the clasp is difficult to pull open. It will probably get easier after some use, but if not it will at least make it more difficult for thieves to get into it I suppose.

Although I have been seeing more and more woman just using cute backpacks as opposed to purses for daily use. It does seem more practical.

C8D89927-F561-4C4E-AAAC-B7A396219C0D.jpeg

D1F9B890-8443-4E74-9789-95B3AE3640ED.jpeg

0EEAA96A-B0CA-4F37-9244-D6B6C153CF63.jpeg

• Like 1

oh those are nice! I didn’t consider getting something with RFID lining - I guess I will need to get a wallet with it. Hopefully the faux leather will be thick enough to deter slashing...I’m really hoping the stories of theft in Naples and Barcelona aren’t as bad as they seem. We are both ADD and can lack situational awareness sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Lilikins said:

Barcelona

We were simultaneously pickpocketed in Barcelona and didn't even know it until we got ready to pay for our lunch.  This was on a quiet residential.  The guy was clearly a pro.  As an OT aside, we now keep a debit and credit card and about $100 in our document case where we're staying.  That way we would have a backup that I hope we'll never need.

3 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

Amazon also has Sherpani backpacks.

I've been a Sherpani customer for at least 10 years.  I buy direct from them.  I will say I bought one on eBay when the Surfer Girl was discontinued and I wanted one more piece of that one.    I've always like the look and Sherpani is the first place I look if I need a new purse/tote/backpack.   I also just bought their Oslo carryon (no wheels).  It is the same footprint as the eBags Motherlode convertible (shoulder strap, handles or backpack straps), but is soo handsome with the "black pepper" material.   

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I've been a Sherpani customer for at least 10 years.  I buy direct from them.  I will say I bought one on eBay when the Surfer Girl was discontinued and I wanted one more piece of that one.    I've always like the look and Sherpani is the first place I look if I need a new purse/tote/backpack.   I also just bought their Oslo carryon (no wheels).  It is the same footprint as the eBags Motherlode convertible (shoulder strap, handles or backpack straps), but is soo handsome with the "black pepper" material.   

I was just looking at Amazon because of time constraints.  We are moving on Friday and won't be able to receive mail for a while.

19 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

I was just looking at Amazon because of time constraints.  We are moving on Friday and won't be able to receive mail for a while.

No worries.  I just know that a bunch of sites offer Sherpani, but they usually don't offer the full line.  I had looked at REI last night, too - they are ripping people off with how much they charge for Sherpani.