Transatlantic activities

4 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Does Royal offer the following;

guest lecturer

language classes

movies shown in the cabin

I've seen basic language class but think they are run by a ship crew member and just gives a few phrases and words to get by. Usually the language of the country the ship is sailing too. For instance. Spanish if next port is Malaga 

If Jim Kennedy is on board then you're in for a real treat!

He's an ex director of the Kennedy Space Centre ( no relation if memory serves me correctly ) and he does extensive talks on cruises about life at NASA and all it entails. These talks are simply awe inspiring and there's a few ' I never knew that' moments established during his presentations.

I saw him on a Celebrity ship that cruised NZ & Oz a couple of years ago, but I must admit to keeping a look out for him on Rccl cruises still to this day!  

We had Portuguese language classes on a Splendour TA from Brazil. I think the activities vary according to the CD and their staff but there are usually a good choice of activities in comparison to shorter cruises.

I'm interested in any language classes offered on board. To be honest, I haven't seen them offered on the 3 TA I've been on. I'm booked on the brilliance TA in November. How do they usually word it? Is it as simple as Spanish language class? I've picked up a lot Spanish with my job but would like more than just medical phrases.

On our Harmony TA a couple of years ago they had a Hollywood producer. I can not remember his name, but her produced Top Gun and many other famous movies.  He did a bout 7-8 lectures and was so good he filled the theatre.  He had film clips and pictures and insider stories.  He was great. 

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Then I know nothing. Never done a TA on an Oasis ship.🤣

I thought you were on the same cruise since you posted this in it. That's what I get for assuming. 😁

I'm in for CAH. I brought it on Serenade TA, but never got around to organizing a session. Can you see us playing alongside the Mah Jong groups. 🤣🤣

Edited by ReneeFLL

Yes the Hollywood producer was very good I can't recall which ship we saw him on another cruise had a person from NASA and he was also very good.  Celebrity seems to  have better guest lecturers than Royal.

For language you can probably set something up on your roll call.  It seems you get 50-100 cruisers together and you will find people who speak all languages.  I am one of 10 people that can speak binary 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I thought you were on the same cruise since you posted this in it. That's what I get for assuming. 😁

I'm in for CAH. I brought it on Serenade TA, but never got around to organizing a session. Can you see us playing alongside the Mah Jong groups. 🤣🤣

Oh, I am on it. It's just that I've never done one yet.  I forgot Tee&Chill were on.  

I asked to see if it was a ship/class I had been on. I might have been able to share some things.