E-mail of NCL CEO??

big al

Anyone can email anyone else they so choose.  I always laugh when I see someone say they are going to email a CEO though, usually (foolishly) thinking that emailing a CEO will get better, faster, more direct attention/response.  In all actuality what happens is that an intern or someone else other than the addressee reads the email, sees that it has nothing to do with the said address, and forwards it along to the recipient it should have been addressed to in the first place. All basically slowing down the process and getting the email at the bottom of the pile.

3 hours ago, Birdie And Sue said:

Anyone can email anyone else they so choose.  I always laugh when I see someone say they are going to email a CEO though, usually (foolishly) thinking that emailing a CEO will get better, faster, more direct attention/response.  In all actuality what happens is that an intern or someone else other than the addressee reads the email, sees that it has nothing to do with the said address, and forwards it along to the recipient it should have been addressed to in the first place. All basically slowing down the process and getting the email at the bottom of the pile.

Well said Birdie.

5 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

This LINK will provide you with the information you need:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/

And if you search around on the site they recommend not starting at the top. Because once you email the CEO, even though it won't be him responding, you've reached the top and have no one to appeal to if you don't like the answer. 

22 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

And if you search around on the site they recommend not starting at the top. Because once you email the CEO, even though it won't be him responding, you've reached the top and have no one to appeal to if you don't like the answer. 

Yes NCL provides a channel for filing a complaint based on either a current problem of something with a past cruise.

Having exhausted that venue - appealing it to the next level "let me run it by a supervisor/manager" and getting the

same response then it is time to use the Elliot program - NO not starting with Elliot but with the email leads and phone

numbers provided (email paper trail is the best - phone you could get hung up on) starting at the top.

That person is Vivian Ewart Vice President of Passenger Service.

Unresolved at that point and if you feel you have a strong enough case feel like a voice crying in the wilderness

then it is time to present your case (paper work please) to Elliot.

Some of the cases heard make it to national (newspaper) print and almost everyone wants to stay away from

a tarnished reputation customer relations issue.

The BBB (Better Business Bureau) is another aid to problem resolution.  BBB being in the USA. 

I have had a case of unresolved latitudes rewards points and after taking it to the top the issue was taken care of

to my satisfaction - the underlings being unresponsive - Vivian Ewart's staff member made the correction.

You book a cruise with double points (past guest offer) and change cabins (upgrading) you lose the double points.

That is so wrong and NCL agreed but I don't think that they have changed the application.

You have not changed the eligibility for the points - you are on the same advertised sailing - same date - same

ship - only getting a bigger better cabin for more money I may add and you are penalized for this.

The points involved with this issue moved me up from Gold to Platinum.

In a similar case you may have to fight to get your due points.

At certain levels these points are worth the effort the fight - Platinum is one of them.

The elliott.org website cited in the first answer to OP is an excellent resource for writing to corporations with praise or complaints about their respective company's service (or lack thereof...lol) .  I've used them on several occasions, not only for NCL but cell phone and department store executives for their respective company's service issues.   They have some great FAQs and advice on how to successfully escalate a customer complaint up the corporate ladder.  They will also advocate for you; I've never had them do this for me but other posters on CC have cited their using them as an advocate.

One common thread of advice you'll see; ALWAYS use the corporation's chain-of-command when first filing your complaint and then escalating it to a higher level.  The good old days we Baby Boomers remember when a Fortune 500 CEO actually READ customer's complaints are long gone, never to return; it's now read by a mid-level flunky and/or intern who then hands it off to another mid-level manager to handle.  As several other posters have pointed out if you direct your complaint to the CEO first and receive no satisfaction you have no where else to go.

I'd try Ms. Vivian Ewart at NCL first; her email is on the elliott website.  She's NCL's Senior VP of Guest Relations, I think & she's always been responsive to me when I've had issues.  Give her a try first before trying Mr. Stuart.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

Well said, above ... about going up the chain first to V. Ewart with the issues, etc.

FYI - A. Stuart has a twitter account & FB presence, going back 2 or maybe 3 years ago, tweeted a message & never acknowledged it, let alone responding.  Used mainly for marketing with their travel "parnters" to promote ... unlike airlines & others, i.e. JetBlue that actually monitor & respond, sometimes rather quick with unexpected matters - with a dedicated team.  

Edited by mking8288

On 9/9/2019 at 6:06 AM, big al said:

Hi all..often you can send an e-mail to a cruise company's CEO..I.E., JoesphM@NCL.com..anyone know if this still can be done & is Andy Stuart still CEO? Thanks..  

Mail addressed to the CEO are handled by the minimum wage guest services desk. The CEO will never see it. And typically come back with a form letter under his signature.