Linking someone to our roll call

trbarton

Not sure I understand the question? Do you mean have them follow your roll call? In which case, you'd send a link to your roll call for them to follow.  Then the person would have to  choose to follow in their settings.  Doubt you can just directly link a person to follow. i.e. the "follower" has to actively choose to follow via their own settings.

The person must actually post to the roll call to become a member. Roll calls have a strange structure since they are actually a single question with all the other postings being replies. The system is supposed to automatically list all new postings as part of the roll call but that is currently broken. I have created a Google Doc for my roll call where I list all the members. Some people use a spreadsheet.

3 hours ago, ell52 said:

Not sure I understand the question? Do you mean have them follow your roll call? In which case, you'd send a link to your roll call for them to follow.  Then the person would have to  choose to follow in their settings.  Doubt you can just directly link a person to follow. i.e. the "follower" has to actively choose to follow via their own settings.

Heres the reply from LauraS from the Cruise Critic staff.....”Also, please link me to the Roll Call for this sailing”. So how do I link her?

Tom🤔

7 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Heres the reply from LauraS from the Cruise Critic staff.....”Also, please link me to the Roll Call for this sailing”. So how do I link her?

Tom🤔

She wants the URL of your roll call so she can follow it.

Here:

3 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Tom🤔

I think she means send her the link to your roll call?

When you are on the roll call thread,

• copy the url (address bar)
  • paste the url in a message to her
  • she will then be able to go directly to the roll call thread. 

Just noticed this: 

You can also use the "share this post" button at the top right hand corner of every post  (it's between the Report Post and post #)

Edited by ell52
Added info

33 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I've emailed Laura the link to this thread.

Hi Carolyn !

I met you at the sail away in May on the Carib Princess. I am Sali and wore the SU orange pin. I enjoyed talking to you and your husband.  I was just heading to my Sky Princess Dec. 4 b2b. roll calls and I saw you had just posted.

Enjoy your cruise on the Sky !

Sali