Cruise Critic Community
mrsgthatsme

Which of these Miami hotels would you suggest?

Hi! My family of 4 including two kids will be traveling with my parents and adult brother to take a cruise out of Miami this April. I have narrowed it down to several hotels I have read good things about and would love your thoughts on which you would choose.

1) Hampton Inn Brickell

2) Doubletree Biscayne Bay (I love the waterfront location of this hotel, but have read some bad reviews, mostly of people who were switched to the "condo" section rather than the hotel. Is this a widespread issue?)

3) Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon

Our top priorities would be a good pool for the kids, a safe neighborhood, and clean, nice rooms. We will likely not arrive until later afternoon/early evening the night before the cruise, so won't be doing a whole lot of sightseeing, etc... Thanks!

Hampton Inn Brickell by far.

I would never stay at the airport unless it was a very late or very early flight.

Hampton Inn Brickell. Very nice area, lots of shopping and restaurants close by.

Pool at Blue Lagoon is small. As "Ble"said, airport location is only good for late arrivals.

Brickell area will offer more dining options. Pool at the Doubletree is amazing, but far fewer nearby dining options.  Your call.

Have a great cruise! 😎

Thanks for the replies! Sounds like Blue Lagoon is out. I forgot to mention that my

9 year old wants to be a cruise ship designer. :) Do you think the Doubletree view would be a thrill for him? Also, as long as there’s one decent casual restaurant option nearby, we are good with that. We will not have much time for shopping, etc..,  Looks like pricing for Hampton Brickell and Doubletree are similar for that night if that makes any difference...

Hampton  provides a free breakfast  if that is important

The view at the doubletree can be good of the port so long as you get a view room that higher up. There are options near by as there is a small shopping mall/center attached to the hotel. 

I would still go with Hampton Inn Brickell, it is one of the best locations you can get in Miami. 

Hampton Inn Brickell.  There is a lot you can walk to and many restaurants around. The neighborhood is very safe, I live very close to the hotel. 

The pool is small but they do have one.  The breakfast area is nice and the rooms are in great shape.

Lots of casual restaurants near by.  What kind of food are you looking for?  From Coyo Taco to Gyu Kaku to our new Shake Shack in Mary Brickell Village, to sushi and burgers.  There are many options around here.

2 hours ago, mrsgthatsme said:

Thanks for the replies! Sounds like Blue Lagoon is out. I forgot to mention that my

9 year old wants to be a cruise ship designer. 🙂 Do you think the Doubletree view would be a thrill for him? Also, as long as there’s one decent casual restaurant option nearby, we are good with that. We will not have much time for shopping, etc..,  Looks like pricing for Hampton Brickell and Doubletree are similar for that night if that makes any difference...

If the view and pool are important to your 9 year old, and you can get a room with a view then choose Doubletree. There are enough dining options nearby.