Muster Station drill

pesty0720

4 minutes ago, pesty0720 said:

Do we have to bring the life jackets to our muster station for the drill ?

I read somewhere on this board that we are no longer required to do that.

thank you

Life jackets not required at the drill.

Edited by skynight

On my last few Princess cruises, the cabin attendant told us that we did not need to bring our life vests to the muster.  This was also mentioned on one of the many pieces of paper that the steward littered the cabin with --- far too many announcements and advertisements!

Princess' muster drills are held in the theater, etc, rather than out by the lifeboats simply because there is not enough deck space out there for everybody to stand at the same time -- that's why they say that if it is ever for real, they will lead you out there one group at a time.   That's not going to change unless they start building ships differently.

They started telling folks to leave their lifejackets back in the stateroom for muster drills because too many folks were allowing their straps to trail on the deck going to and from muster stations -- a trip hazard.  That's a judgement call and subject to reëvaluation or changed regulations at any time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Debbdo said:

Another muster drill question. Having a senior moment...is it normally before sailing? 

We have been on 42 Princess cruises. Every one had the muster before sailing, approximately 45 minutes. As Haboob mentioned the muster is held in indoor lounges, forward to aft. Your muster station is shown on the inside of your cabin door. Arrive about 15 minutes early if you want a seat.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, skynight said:

We have been on 42 Princess cruises. Every one had the muster before sailing, approximately 45 minutes. As Haboob mentioned the muster is held in indoor lounges, forward to aft. Your muster station is shown on the inside of your cabin door. Arrive about 15 minutes early if you want a seat.

Gone are the days of standing in the Florida heat, with our life jackets, sweating our butts off. Although I've seen some interesting things at muster drills. Saw a wife and husband get into a physical altercation which ended when hubby cold cocked his wife. Saw numerous people pass out and hit the floor. Ahhhh, the memories.

3 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Gone are the days of standing in the Florida heat, with our life jackets, sweating our butts off. Although I've seen some interesting things at muster drills. Saw a wife and husband get into a physical altercation which ended when hubby cold cocked his wife. Saw numerous people pass out and hit the floor. Ahhhh, the memories.

RCCL did it on deck in Tampa this past April - what a pain.

39 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

RCCL did it on deck in Tampa this past April - what a pain.

Some people were on deck for muster on RCCL Anthem this past May in Bayonne.  We were in the dining room.

I haven't had to be on deck for muster in years. Remember feeling faint my first  time  and wore very light clothes (and as little as I could without being arrested on land, lol) the next time.

Edited by Sanz