Balcony on transatlantic?

Tee & Chilli

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Was on the Symphony TA last fall, DL was on deck 4.  It was not horrible.  Never went there in the evenings, as they had overflows in the other two lounges on that deck, we hung out in the smallest of the 3.

jc

Assuming lots of Pinnies on that cruise, which may have been too many for the SL?  Where did they put them during happy hour?  

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Assuming lots of Pinnies on that cruise, which may have been too many for the SL?  Where did they put them during happy hour?  

As there were 2600 D’s And above on that cruise, D and D+ were allowed in DL, The Attic, and Jazz On 4. I was informed that Ps were allowed in Dazzles and SL. 

52 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

As there were 2600 D’s And above on that cruise, D and D+ were allowed in DL, The Attic, and Jazz On 4. I was informed that Ps were allowed in Dazzles and SL. 

Thanks...that makes sense.  Guessing Pinnies were in Dazzles, but not those in full suites who had not made it to Pinnacle by then?  It was nice that the ship accommodated everyone.  🙂 

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks...that makes sense.  Guessing Pinnies were in Dazzles, but not those in full suites who had not made it to Pinnacle by then?  It was nice that the ship accommodated everyone.  🙂 

Seems like they learned a lot from the Presidents cruise. We will be a “lowly” D+ in a GS for the Allure TA. I’ll be interested in how they manage the SL. 

mac_tlc

21 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Seems like they learned a lot from the Presidents cruise. We will be a “lowly” D+ in a GS for the Allure TA. I’ll be interested in how they manage the SL. 

mac_tlc

This year or next?  And no...you don't sound lowly to me.  🙂   Have a fantabulous cruise!  I was thinking the same thing for the Allure TA I am doing next year.  

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

This year or next?  And no...you don't sound lowly to me.  🙂   Have a fantabulous cruise!  I was thinking the same thing for the Allure TA I am doing next year.  

We are on the 11/1/2020 TA. Been looking at the 3/1/2020 Eastbound —- waiting to see if the remaining suites come down in price. We love the sea days so the lack of ports doesn’t bother us. 

mac_tlc

On the Trans Atlantics I have done an Oceanview or Interior stateroom. For the upcoming Med and Trans Atlantic B2B I assigned my Parents and I an Interior Guarantee (so far no stateroom has been assigned) and an Ocean View. I then went ahead and did the RoyalUp Bid for both cruises from an Interior to an Oceanview or Oceanview Balcony and on the Trans Atlantic a standard Oceanview Balcony and the Spacious Oceanview Balcony. 

My theory is to book in the least expensive cabins that meets our requirements and then pay to upgrade!  I would hate to spend more on a cabin unless its a Suite well then I would go all out!

7 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We are on the 11/1/2020 TA. Been looking at the 3/1/2020 Eastbound —- waiting to see if the remaining suites come down in price. We love the sea days so the lack of ports doesn’t bother us. 

mac_tlc

Ahh...nice!  Will "sea" you on board then!  🙂 We start out on the 18th leg and then stay on through to Miami.  

You must have booked early.  Nothing from JS and up available (for weeks now) on Allure TA 11/1/20.  😮 

Edited by island lady

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ahh...nice!  Will "sea" you on board then!  🙂 We start out on the 18th leg and then stay on through to Miami.  

You must have booked early.  Nothing from JS and up available (for weeks now) on Allure TA 11/1/20.  😮 

We’ll be on the 10/25/20 and 11/01/20 TA on Allure as well. Never could catch a JS or above on the TA so we’re in a BW Balcony. 

Edited by HicksRA

3 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

We’ll be on the 10/25/20 and 11/01/20 TA on Allure as well. Never could catch a JS or above on the TA so we’re in a BW Balcony. 

I booked late, apparently, and could not get a JS on the TA.  At least I am happy to have same ocean view balcony on all three legs.  That was a plus!  😉 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

I booked late, apparently, and could not get a JS on the TA.  At least I am happy to have same ocean view balcony on all three legs.  That was a plus!  😉 

We booked the TA the first week it came out. Wanted a CL, but it was $10K for 2 —— a little too steep for us. Got a GS for around $6500.  Other than the awesome deck 17 location, wasn’t worth the price difference. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

On 9/10/2019 at 6:13 PM, taglovestocruise said:

It must be true, different strokes for different folks.  We were also on that TA, deck 12 Portside forward hump. Absolutely loved the sun all day, we spent lots of time on the balcony.  It was a great trip. Have the same cabin number booked for the Allure 2020 TA. 

We were also On the Symphony TA.  While there were a lot of things about the cruise that put it in the bottom half of my favorite cruise list, cabin location was not one of those things. We were in a port-side ocean view balcony and found it a pleasant place to be.  The sunsets were spectacular.  The room was comfortable the whole cruise.

1 hour ago, mjldvlks said:

We were also On the Symphony TA.  While there were a lot of things about the cruise that put it in the bottom half of my favorite cruise list, cabin location was not one of those things. We were in a port-side ocean view balcony and found it a pleasant place to be.  The sunsets were spectacular.  The room was comfortable the whole cruise.

I thought it was a crappy itinerary, but a good cruise, the weather after about day 4 was very good.  I thought that they way they handled upper levels of C&A was exceptional.  Too many people on the flowrider, but I thought it was a great ship.

jc

13 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We booked the TA the first week it came out. Wanted a CL, but it was $10K for 2 —— a little too steep for us. Got a GS for around $6500.  Other than the awesome deck 17 location, wasn’t worth the price difference. 

mac_tlc

I actually prefer a GS over a CLS on Oasis class.  Like the bigger bathroom with the double vanity, and all on one level.  😉 

On 9/14/2019 at 11:29 PM, xpcdoojk said:

I thought it was a crappy itinerary, but a good cruise, the weather after about day 4 was very good.  I thought that they way they handled upper levels of C&A was exceptional.  Too many people on the flowrider, but I thought it was a great ship.

jc

Of course everyone's experience is slightly different based on the activities participated in. And bottom half doesn't mean bad, just not the best.  I thought the ship was physically impressive.  Not as impressed [as in not at all] with the organization of activities.  For example, we are trivia players and they set the progressive trivia in the on air club right after Bingo.  Two of the most popular activities set back to back in a relatively small venue.  To get a seat for trivia, you had to camp out before Bingo. The cruise director's comment was there is nowhere else and the ship isn't designed to handle the all of the passengers aboard at once.  Silly me, I thought part of the design concept of the Oasis class was that the ship is the destination.  I also saw problems with handling crowds at the entertainment events [which were amazing once we got in]. For example at the aqua theater, there was a line extending from the entrance to the theater back almost to the boardwalk entrance.  Staff members checked to make sure everyone in line had reservations but made no other announcements.  When we got to the theater entrance, we discovered that the line was for D+, Pinnacle and Suite guests only.  OK for me but the poor schmos who weren't had to go to another entrance after a 30 minute wait.  We also had problems with the MDR staff, can't remember exactly, but had something to do with My Time reservations.  Also, the food was poor compared to other Royal cruises we've been on recently.  In general, didn't seem like the staff was that familiar with the process.  The individuals we dealt with, servers, bartenders, cabin attendants, etc were great.  It seemed to be senior level disorganization to me.  Overall, it was one of the few times Ive really felt crowded on a Royal ship.

I didn't really mind the itinerary seemed somewhat poetic to visit the Alhambra and then get on a transatlantic cruise.