Just had a Moveover offer by email

Griller

We are booked on the Crown P on 13th September on a 25 day around British isles and Transatlantic.

This afternoon we received an email moveover offer from Princess, not via our travelagent, not a phone call.

Its the usual offer I have seen, full refund of money paid as refundable OBC, another cruise of 25 days with an upgrade, or a couple of cruises totaling 25 days, and air fare cancellation charges of up to $1k each.

Anyway it was about an hour and a half by the time I saw the email and I called the number immediately and had to leave a voicemail for a call back.

Sat by the phone all afternoon and no return phone call,

Now the thing is - if they already have enough acceptances of the deal who called before we did - will they still give us a courtesy call so we can carry on packing?

Or will they just leave us hanging?

We fly out day after tomorrow if we are still going.

We had a couple of offers similar to this and tried to move over a few days before our cruise was beginning. Called the number and left message and never heard back. A member of our group also got it and had their travel agent call and they took an inside cabin in exchange for their balcony cabin for OBC. After she told me this I called our travel agent who then called Princess and was told leaving a message was the only way they acted on the move over offer. 

On average, I've been notified about 16-20 hrs. after my phone call to them.  Sometimes it's only been about 3-4 hrs. that they've gotten back to me but that's not the norm.  If you don't hear from them, they had enough "takers".  Yes, that is right - the only way you can get the offer is by ONE phone call and leaving all the pertinent information on the message.  If they need your cabin, they WILL get back to you.  Good luck!

13 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Maybe not.  Could be next business day in the morning.  If no call tomorrow, then I would pack (or not unpack).

I really hope your right steelers36 and Princess calls Mr. Griller back!!  I think he probably has a 33% chance of them calling him back.  

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

13 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I hope you get the call back, that would be awesome. 

This is why I have a special audible alert on my phone for any and all Princess emails. I want to make sure I know about upsells and move over offers asap.

Best of luck to you.

Curious as to how you set a special audible alert just for Princess Emails? 

Tom🤔

• Like 1

Just now, trbarton said:

Curious as to how you set a special audible alert just for Princess Emails? 

Tom🤔

I don't remember exactly how to do it but I think you go into your settings and choose a sound ( mine is a choo choo train sound) and then choose whose email you want to set that to. Then every time I get an email from them, I hear the train alert and check my email. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I don't remember exactly how to do it but I think you go into your settings and choose a sound ( mine is a choo choo train sound) and then choose whose email you want to set that to. Then every time I get an email from them, I hear the train alert and check my email. 

Should it not be "The Love Boat" 

• Like 5

Just now, Griller said:

Should it not be "The Love Boat" 

I like the way you think. It should be but I'm afraid that would blend in with my music playing at any given time and I wouldn't hear it. The train is annoying, so I hear it. An email for final payment reminder came in at 2 am one night. 🙄

• Like 1

They don't call back to tell you that they already have enough takers.  And they don't want you to leave more than one message.  The Inventory Control folks do change their voicemail messages at a minimum daily to say what they are working on and will say something like "....if you're calling about cruise X, leave a message and we'll get back to you, if you're calling about cruise Y, we are no longer looking for cabins...".  I heard variations of this message repeatedly while working with our assigned person for our two replacement cruises that we received after we accepted a moveover offer.  So if you want to know the status of the moveover offers for your cruise, you can call back, listen to the VM message, and then hang up.  Good luck to you.  It is a great deal if you are flexible!

20 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

They don't call back to tell you that they already have enough takers.  And they don't want you to leave more than one message.  The Inventory Control folks do change their voicemail messages at a minimum daily to say what they are working on and will say something like "....if you're calling about cruise X, leave a message and we'll get back to you, if you're calling about cruise Y, we are no longer looking for cabins...".  I heard variations of this message repeatedly while working with our assigned person for our two replacement cruises that we received after we accepted a moveover offer.  So if you want to know the status of the moveover offers for your cruise, you can call back, listen to the VM message, and then hang up.  Good luck to you.  It is a great deal if you are flexible!

When you got the  replacement cruises what happened about any price difference or taxes difference?

And this is 25 days, its an odd number to replace, presumably if you say picked a 10 day and a 12 day the other 3 days would be down the plughole and vanish?

Or do you think you could pick 2 x 14 days and pay something extra?

9 minutes ago, Griller said:

When you got the  replacement cruises what happened about any price difference or taxes difference?

And this is 25 days, its an odd number to replace, presumably if you say picked a 10 day and a 12 day the other 3 days would be down the plughole and vanish?

Negotiate that upfront if you want 2 x14

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Griller said:

People I have met each got a longer cruise than the one that they moved over from. No extra cost was involved and often the move-over offer includes a major upgrade of cabin.🙂

20 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Negotiate that upfront if you want 2 x14

We have quite a lot booked up for the coming year, only one on Princess, no idea what we would book instead if we had the opportunity to do so

One we would like is maybe the 28 day roundtrip Tahiti out of San Pedro

Anyway it probably wont happen, first time we even got the chance in 77 cruises on Princess

We would take it though if we could, we were a bit iffy about going on Crown again after it wasn't too good last time, but we liked the itinerary.

And we have our Medalllions for this cruise already.

Edited by Griller

1 minute ago, Griller said:

We have quite a lot booked up for the coming year, only one on Princess, no idea what we would book instead if we had the opportunity to do so

One we would like is maybe the 28 day roundtrip Tahiti out of San Pedro

Anyway it probably wont happen, first time we even got the chance in 77 cruises on Princess

And we have our Medalllions for this cruise already.

Wishing you luck, and since you already have something in mind, ask for it if they call.  All they can say is no and you can also decline what they offer.  We had a family friend who was joining us for the holidays one year.  Two days before the cruise they called her with a move over offer, she had a solo cabin.  She declined, they called her back later and she had very specific requests, and she got them all.

I will be crossing my fingers for you on this one.

I'm on the transatlantic portion of your cruise. Although I've been looking forward to this cruise, I think I'd jump on it if I could switch it to next year's cruise to Norway and Iceland, which is currently three times the cost of what we paid for this cruise. 

So far, I've received a couple of upsell offers for our cruise. We booked an inside. The first offer (July 25) was for $1,099 per person to move to a balcony. The latest offer (this weekend) was for $899 per person to move to a balcony. No thanks.