Just had a Moveover offer by email

Griller

1 hour ago, Griller said:

I try not to assume anything as I was once told it makes an ass of u and me, makes me wonder if they really pay the crew the grats when they credit them to the passenger, if so then why not just make the offer all OBC as it wouldn't cost Princess any different?

However to end the tale Princess did call me and asked if we wanted to move down to an Inside cabin and we said no, not for that remuneration.

I asked about the previous moveover offer where would not go on that cruise at all and they said it was finished and no longer available, they had never called us back on that one unfortunately.

Interesting, but may never happen again.

Start the packing now, leave tomorrow for the airport.

thanks to everyone who contributed in a positive way with helpful suggestions.

does you special interline pricing have any whatsoever to do with you booking in any way other than price ?

do you still get your Captain level perks, cruise credits, OBC's etc ?

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

does you special interline pricing have any whatsoever to do with you booking in any way other than price ?

do you still get your Captain level perks, cruise credits, OBC's etc ?

Do get military OBC, Elite Minibar, free Laundry, days credited to total sailed, and number of cruises sailed. Do get invite to MTP party if enough days sailed to get in top 20.

Do NOT get  CC loyalty OBC for more than 51 cruises, do NOT get Stockholder OBC, do NOT get Future Cruise OBC

Sometimes its worth other times it is not. Just have to do the math every time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, john_galt said:

Enjoy your cruise, Griller! 

I asked the butler on my last Celebrity cruise if he knew I'd prepaid gratuities. He said he could see that I had. He was wonderful and I left him and the room steward an additional tip at the end of the sailing. It just seems creepy not to leave an envelope at the end of the cruise. Old habits die hard. 

That's Celebrity, this is Princess, that's a butler, we don't get a butler, I am not sure anyone gets to know which guests did or did not pay gratuities on Princess during a cruise except those in the Pursers Office.