NCL code HEXTRSX2 in booking

tallnthensome

Just called to add the new promo for shore excursion credits to my current Panama Canal booking. The phone rep said I now get $100 per port credit instead of $50. Well, that's great if it's true but I never even had $50 per port excursion credit to begin with . So this code ...... HEXTRSX2. Any super seasoned NCL cruisers know this code?  I tried Googling it, nothing  ...... Just curious if it means $100 shore credit. I was on hold a long time so calling back this late is not an option. Thanks in advance .....

4 minutes ago, InfrequentPNWCruiser said:

My upcoming cruise has HEXTRSXA...close to yours ..and it showed up after I rebooked wtih a double shore excursion credit, so I think that is what it generally means.

That’s what I’m hoping but my vacation summary says $50 per on the NCL site so I wasn’t sure to go with that or the code and the $100 the rep said. 

7 hours ago, InfrequentPNWCruiser said:

I had to call and ask about that too- I was told that the vacation summary only shows one credit (website bug) but you have two on the confirmation. The confirmation is what you have. I always bring my printed confirmations of everything just in case if something goes awry. 

So does that "two" you mention mean it's $100 per port regardless of what the online summary says of $50? 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

Do you have the take all 5 promos with your booking?  My Aug Escape cruise I only had pick 2 & they were running the same promo when I booked. I chose the drinks & dining promo so I only got the $50 port credit.  You said you never had the $50 promo to begin with unless you changed your booking with all 5

11 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Just called to add the new promo for shore excursion credits to my current Panama Canal booking. The phone rep said I now get $100 per port credit instead of $50. Well, that's great if it's true but I never even had $50 per port excursion credit to begin with . So this code ...... HEXTRSX2. Any super seasoned NCL cruisers know this code?  I tried Googling it, nothing  ...... Just curious if it means $100 shore credit. I was on hold a long time so calling back this late is not an option. Thanks in advance .....

Hello, what? Is a person able to call and add a promo without losing whatever promos they've got from the original booking? I would love to have double the shorex credit! 

2 hours ago, JoeTec said:

Do you have the take all 5 promos with your booking?  My Aug Escape cruise I only had pick 2 & they were running the same promo when I booked. I chose the drinks & dining promo so I only got the $50 port credit.  You said you never had the $50 promo to begin with unless you changed your booking with all 5

I have a family ocean view with two kids. I had the pick two. I have the UBP and the kids sail free (3rd and 4th). I simply called after seeing the newest promo where shore excursion credits were a highlight and the rep added it, no charge or change to anything. I didn’t understand his note of me now having $100 instead of the $50 per because I never had that as a perk nor the all five since it is an OV cabin. I hope the rep is right especially having my two kids with us again on this port intensive Panama Canal sailing on the Joy. It is a 20% off Latitudes sailing if that makes a difference. 

Edited by tallnthensome

49 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I have a family ocean view with two kids. I had the pick two. I have the UBP and the kids sail free (3rd and 4th). I simply called after seeing the newest promo where shore excursion credits were a highlight and the rep added it, no charge or change to anything. I didn’t understand his note of me now having $100 instead of the $50 per because I never had that as a perk nor the all five since it is an OV cabin. I hope the rep is right especially having my two kids with us again on this port intensive Panama Canal sailing on the Joy. It is a 20% off Latitudes sailing if that makes a difference. 

It looks like it's part of a new promo where some sailings let you either take Free/Reduced Airfare or an extra $50 per port excursion credit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kkoenig89 said:

It looks like it's part of a new promo where some sailings let you either take Free/Reduced Airfare or an extra $50 per port excursion credit.

Yes, upon looking closer it is an error in my favor currently. It says that shore ex credit is combinable with the $50 take all promo giving you $100. Much like another poster questioned. Only I never had the $50 credit or the take all 5 promo with a balcony. I have an OV. Hope they don’t catch it. 

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your post 

We have 2 upcoming cruises booked in 2020 and already had the 5 perks including the $50 per port excursion credit 

Called just now and with this new perk of Airfare or a additional $50 per port excursion credit they easily added on the EXTRA $50 per port excursion 

Only difference in our bookings was our Free specialty dining package went up a total of $8.00 on each cruise due to changing it

GREAT additional savings for sure 😜

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

For those that now have this new promo and/code can you share what your NCL online cruise summary says about the onboard credit and how much? Just curious if it says $100 or $50. Thanks .

Mine now shows 2 excursion credits....one called Choice Shore excursion credit and a second one called Shore excursion $50 promo 

They assured me we’ll now get a $100 OBC excursion credit at each port as long as we do a excursion of course 

DB4D509D-2FB1-4A12-B763-7B998853F242.png

3 minutes ago, LaCal said:

Mine now shows 2 excursion credits....one called Choice Shore excursion credit and a second one called Shore excursion $50 promo 

They assured me we’ll now get a $100 OBC excursion credit at each port as long as we do a excursion of course 

DB4D509D-2FB1-4A12-B763-7B998853F242.png

Thanks! I wonder why your shore excursion promo code(s) don’t look like my code above  at all. Strange .....

17 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

Mine says    ALL4FW

EASYFARE

None of the above codes

What perks came w your cruise or which ones did you pick?? 

Call NCL and mention the New excursion credit deal and see if you  qualify 

Or a easier way so you’re not on hold is to do a Mock booking of your cruise and see if they offer that for you.....If they do then it’s available and then def Call then to get it added on 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slainte57 said:

When I called this morning about adding this promotion to existing reservation, which is eligible, I was told I would have to book at today’s price to receive it. The cruise is now $8588 for two people. My cost right now is $5733 for two. 

Yeah then in your case you def don’t want it 👍🏻

It worked great for 2 of my upcoming cruises and the other I left alone 

26 minutes ago, LaCal said:

What perks came w your cruise or which ones did you pick?? 

Call NCL and mention the New excursion credit deal and see if you  qualify 

Or a easier way so you’re not on hold is to do a Mock booking of your cruise and see if they offer that for you.....If they do then it’s available and then def Call then to get it added on 

Thank you!  I followed your directions, saw I qualified and called and had it added on to my booking. 😎

• Like 1