Elite questions

amajaa

1 hour ago, CruiseVA said:

I save my underwear that has holes in it for traveling, then I just toss them as I use them. I'll have to bring them on the next cruise & send them out, I always like OBC 🙂 (kidding about sending them out for laundry, not about tossing them).

I have heard of people doing what you do with their underwear that I call "those who have had a religious experience" 😉 of my own.  But, I have never done so because I wonder what my Cabin Steward would think.  What I think as being unacceptable undergarments might be perfectly acceptable in the Country from which my Steward resides.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Not at all. They probably ruined most of them on previous cruises until I got wise. I just never though about having them re-wash them again & then claiming damage.

Great idea. 

If you are referring to my post, my tee shirt had a large black stain across the back after it was cleaned the first time.  The room steward brought the shirt to me and showed me the large stain and apologized for what happened to the shirt.   He said maybe the stain would come out if they tried to clean it again.  I could tell at that time that the color and size of the shirt was nothing like it was when I first sent it out. 

If you want to scam the laundry process, guess it is how you do things.

10 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

If you are referring to my post, my tee shirt had a large black stain across the back after it was cleaned the first time.  The room steward brought the shirt to me and showed me the large stain and apologized for what happened to the shirt.   He said maybe the stain would come out if they tried to clean it again.  I could tell at that time that the color and size of the shirt was nothing like it was when I first sent it out. 

If you want to scam the laundry process, guess it is how you do things.

Not to mean your clothing but my own. I've still got items that have been damaged over the years by Princess. 

Now I have the perfect opportunity to have them re-wash them and then give them to Goodwill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Goodwill Industries doesn’t want anyone’s damaged clothing.  They are not a garbage dump. 

I know she doesn't believe in recycling but H&M used to take donations to recycle (not resell) and some brand new designer stuff is shredded for you.

If anyone doesn't want the elite perk, skip it. It's not mandatory.  

My favorite perks are still the free internet minutes & loyalty OBC

• Like 1

12 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Goodwill Industries doesn’t want anyone’s damaged clothing.  They are not a garbage dump. 

I'm sure you'd buy it for sure. Just a little shrunk or tattered. 

All designer clothes that will bring $30 OBC each cruise in the future. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 8:07 AM, skynight said:

We never had this happen. Sending in laundry since 2010. Just saying that is our experience.

The problem isn't the laundry it's the extra pounds everyone is putting on during the cruise, so they blame it on shrinkage!

• Haha 2

On 9/10/2019 at 6:38 PM, nukesubsailor said:

Yes, we use the term underwear rather than knickers in the U.S.A.  Those of us who served in the Navy use the term "skivvies" sometimes.  My wife will not send her undies to the ships laundry but has no problem sending mine.  She claims hers are too delicate but mine are tough enough to handle the hot washing temperature.  

We always use the ship's laundry and so far have never had anything lost or damaged.

Allow for 3 days to get your laundry back.

My wife sends my underwear, socks, t-shirts and golf/polo shirts to the laundry. She does hers in the self-service. (She has a reaction to certain detergents.) The laundry all comes back nicely folded or on hangars, as appropriate. I don't think we have ever waited more than 36 hours for turn-around. Our shipboard account shows the normal charge; then within a day, a full credit is applied due to my "elite" status.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 11:26 AM, steelers36 said:

Our friends have sent some things on recent cruises as they just became Elite and no complaints.  We may consult them on our upcoming Nov cruise (my wife's first Elite cruise and I qualify during it).  I have no doubt some things will still be done using the self-serve laundry.  At $3/load, it doesn't break the bank.  If I take a jacket, it will be nice to have a free press, but I don't qualify for free this cruise.  For a 10-nighter, we should be fine unless something unexpected happens.

You could send it out under her name

Just had our first Elite experience ( 16 day cruise) and our thoughts:

Upgraded amenities  :  pathetic, we didnt use any of it.  Four qtips and cotton puffs, three small containers of shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

Laundry:  excellent, used twice during cruise and clothes came back clean, undamaged and pressed, value to us about $80.  We did not send any delicates.

Did take 3 days due to high number of Elites on cruise.  Not much of a benefit on shorter cruises, useful for us since we started the cruise after a week of travelling on land.

Free minibar:  exchanged for two coffee cards.  Wonderful, saved about $75

Additional 10% boutique discount:  Saved about $40

Special lineup at guest services:  not a big deal, lots of staff to service everyone.

Special parties:  Did not attend any

Priority tender:  no tenders required this cruise

Hors d’oeuvre on formal nights:  tiny amount, nothing special

In general, some additional benefit to us but really the best benefit came when we reached Platinum and received free internet benefits.

Edited by ehogan
Addition
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

You could send it out under her name

I suppose, but it is kind of obvious that some items are a man's and it is her benefit alone.  Why bother for $3 or $6?  I don't expect we are going to need laundry on a 10-night cruise anyway.  It will be nice to use the priority tender access at P Cay, but since we were last there, they have the larger ferry boats now that take a lot more people at once so I presume it is quite efficient now.  

• Haha 1

To all the Doubting Thomases .This is one of the tee-shirts. I got back from Princess laundry with tiny holes in them. (See Photo) Every time you wash the shirt the holes get bigger. 

Tony

903A2B7D-4469-4863-9D6A-E2C98B84D194.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

53 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

To all the Doubting Thomases .This is one of the tee-shirts. I got back from Princess laundry with tiny holes in them. (See Photo) Every time you wash the shirt the holes get bigger. 

Tony

903A2B7D-4469-4863-9D6A-E2C98B84D194.jpeg

Thanks for the picture.  These are the same type holes I get in everything but jeans and so far socks.  I get more than 2 holes though.  Now I only send tee shirts that I don't care how many holes they might come back with.  Turn around time is normally next day unless ship has a large number of Elites.

Well, depending on the cruise, there can be upwards of 2000 elites on board a 7 night cruise to the Caribbean and your laundry will not be returned until 4 or five days later.    We would only use the free laundry on a very long cruise (28 days) and then only for my husband''s underwear and socks and my socks and old t shirts and maybe some of our beach towels.  Nothing else.  The water is hot hot hot.  

Just now, pink845 said:

Well, depending on the cruise, there can be upwards of 2000 elites on board a 7 night cruise to the Caribbean and your laundry will not be returned until 4 or five days later.    We would only use the free laundry on a very long cruise (28 days) and then only for my husband''s underwear and socks and my socks and old t shirts and maybe some of our beach towels.  Nothing else.  The water is hot hot hot.  

Why bring your own beach towels? 

The laundry uses stick-on ID tags on the collar so I wonder what's causing the holes. I've had this happen at home on thin knit fabrics, either from a price tag having been attached or from rubbing against the button on jeans. That's not the issue here. What's up, Princess?

If we choose carefully what we send to 'laundry' or 'cleaning', we think the laundry perk is great.

On 9/10/2019 at 11:28 AM, Pam in CA said:

Even if you leave a note or tell your steward to exchange items, they have to do it through Room Service so you’re giving them extra work. Every item is inventoried by Room Service so they are the only ones who can exchange items. 

You can exchange the whole mini-bar set-up for two coffee packaged (formerly coffee cards) or a bottle of wine. You can exchange any or all item(s) for a non-alcoholic beverage. You can exchange an alcoholic beverage for another one but you can’t exchange a non-alcoholic for an alcoholic. 

I send everything to the laundry. Have had a few problems but they were cheap t-shirts to start with. 

Pam, is one elite after completion of their 15th cruise, or is it after completion of their 16 cruise?

18 minutes ago, jimmieleeraybob said:

Pam, is one elite after completion of their 15th cruise, or is it after completion of their 16 cruise?

Actually, no matter what Princess says, it’s not based on the number of cruises but rather, the number of cruise credits. If you have 15 cruise credits, you will be Elite. 

For people who sail only double occupancy and never in a full suite, the number of cruises and the number of cruise credits would be the same number. However, solo cruisers pay double and get two cruise credits, passengers booked in a full suite also get two cruise credits each. Solo passengers booked in a full suite get three cruise credits. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

Actually, no matter what Princess says, it’s not based on the number of cruises but rather, the number of cruise credits. If you have 15 cruise credits, you will be Elite. 

For people who sail only double occupancy and never in a full suite, the number of cruises and the number of cruise credits would be the same number. However, solo cruisers pay double and get two cruise credits, passengers booked in a full suite also get two cruise credits each. Solo passengers booked in a full suite get three cruise credits. 

We will have completed only 10 cruises but 152 cruise days at the completion of our next cruise. Am I correct that we will become elite based on cruise days completed? Thanks!