Question Re: Military OBC

joepeka

14 minutes ago, famski740 said:

I have talked to them 4 times in the last 3 years and have sent them my paperwork twice and they have it on file but just can’t get it associated with my account. Thus, Princess cliche.

Is what you call a clich or cliché what we call a glitch?

Means something else here.

6 hours ago, 1Gizmo said:

On my first Princess cruise last year I applied for the Military OBC at least 14 month before. I sent scans of my DD241 in the morning and later that afternoon it was credited to the account. Send it in yourself, print the application from the web site. No TA needed.

I sent my DD214 in on the 14th day before our cruise (the last day to do it, according to the Princess website) and it showed up in the Personalizer in literally less than an hour.

7 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Who advised you? Why not send it in and see what happens?

He has sent it to both the Australian and the UK addresses and both have advised that as his Military Service was in the UK then his booking has to be made in the UK not Australia. 

22 hours ago, 4hunters said:

Exactly!  Hopefully someone with more current knowledge will respond soon to help out.

However, I still say you should give Princess a call directly.  👍🏻

Just to close the loop on this from my perspective. I spoke to my TA this morning and they called back to Princess, asking for a supervisor, and while I don't know the content of that conversation, the TA got the military benefit OBC applied to our booking this afternoon. As I speculated above, the rep my TA originally spoke with was probably either incorrect or misinformed about the military benefit TC's, like that never happens, right?

I would like to speak to one thing though, the notion mentioned above that perhaps I do not trust my TA, which is not true. We've used this person since the 90's and have always received terrific service for our cruise bookings so there is no lack of trust. I'm guessing we all have either personal experience with or have read many stories about cruise line customers asking the same question of multiple cruise line CSR's and not getting a consistent answer. This is probably also the case with the reps that agencies use when booking on a client's behalf and that is where I think our situation went south. Regardless, our future Princess cruises will have the military benefit automatically applied so we won't have to cross this bridge again.

Thanks to all here that responded with helpful information and insights. :classic_smile: