New Laundry Bags

WFBgal

On my Roll Call for upcoming 34 day Med/TA cruise, laundry was discussed. Someone mentioned they were given paper bags to put dirty clothes when they sent it out to be laundered. Is this the newest thing for HAL to try? Seems like they won't hold up well & they will be going thru tons of paper bags. Anyone seen this on a recent cruise?

My two cruises in May, I had the usual cotton, drawstring blue laundry bags. Paper bags is a terrible  idea, IMO.   A  cloth bag is really needed.

Edited by sail7seas

3 hours ago, WFBgal said:

On my Roll Call for upcoming 34 day Med/TA cruise, laundry was discussed. Someone mentioned they were given paper bags to put dirty clothes when they sent it out to be laundered. Is this the newest thing for HAL to try? Seems like they won't hold up well & they will be going thru tons of paper bags. Anyone seen this on a recent cruise?

Were they the WHITE bags?

10 hours ago, WFBgal said:

No, haven’t seen it. We always had the cloth bags.  We did have laundry returned to us once in a paper bag (the stuff that usually goes in the wicker basket).  The baskets were being cleaned that day, I was told.

It could be that they didn’t have enough of the cloth bags (too many in use) would be my guess.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm trying to imagine people who buy the "fill a bag" laundry option trying to stuff lots of clothes into a paper bag. You can get a lot into that blue cloth bag, but paper??? 

?  Maybe that is the point .. ?

The less  people can send the less laundry they must do.

image.png.a2c7f9e23e26682df63fe5825b1ee1f6.png

sail.noodam@gmail.com

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm trying to imagine people who buy the "fill a bag" laundry option trying to stuff lots of clothes into a paper bag. You can get a lot into that blue cloth bag, but paper??? 

I have found if you fold and stack you get more in paper bags

1 minute ago, kimberlyFDR said:

If I do the fill a bag method, do I have to sign up for that at the front desk or just fill out the form and attach it to my bag?

Just complete the invoice, keep the pink copy, put the rest in the bag, close the bag, and leave it on the bed. That's all there is to it.