Live Blog Equinox Southern Carribean(ABC's) Sept 13th-23rd

calicakes

21 hours ago, hcat said:

We don't eat too many desserts.. they are not that great on X anyhow.  I usually ask for double veggies and no carbs,  and sometimes order  a salad as my main course.   We are taking a break from BLU so hopefully we can still customize a bit.

I would agree, they often look lovely at various venues but don’t taste that great, I can get far better at a local bakery.

Edited by yorky
  • Like 1

So they threw away the perfectly good old footstools and apparently now have purchased new ones for those who ask for them per LLP's instructions to just ask.  I wonder how many of these new ones each ship will have...4..a dozen, 100? Probably not enough to supply all the cabins without those previous footstools!

17 minutes ago, yorky said:

I would agree, they often look lovely at various venues but don’t taste that great, I can get far better at a local bakery.

So sad.. Celebrity was once known for its breads,  artistic bread baskets, pastries  and  all types of baked goods. The head Bakery Chef & Pastry Chef were  onboard "celebs " feted at various events.... no more!

We heard the bakery area at the  bistro on Edge is very good..missed it last time on board! Will check it out soon

Nice footstool!  

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, hcat said:

So sad.. Celebrity was once known for its breads,  artistic bread baskets, pastries  and  all types of baked goods. The head Bakery Chef & Pastry Chef were  onboard "celebs " feted at various events.... no more!

We heard the bakery area at the  bistro on Edge is very good..missed it last time on board! Will check it out soon

Nice footstool!  

They cant even supply crackers. All they have is saltines. 

The baked goods at the market in aruba had me drooling.

20190917_140139.jpg

20190917_140133.jpg

We came back from our excursion exhausted. We took an almost 3 hour nap.  Nothing in Blu really appealed to us and we didn't feel like getting dressed up.  The buffet had an apple pie station and fish market.

20190918_182823.jpg

We skipped Blu this morning( we ate at the buffet instead) because we had an 8:15am meeting time for our excursion.  We did the two snorkel stop with the Seacow in Bonaire.   

The Seacow picks you up on the same dock where the ship is moored.  The seacow pulls up right next to the pier.  We literally walked off the Equinox and on to the Seacow.  Easy peasy.  They took us to 2 different snorkel spots on Klein Bonaire.  We did drift snorkeling.  It was awesome.  Someone got into the water with us and led us and showed us various fish/coral, etc.  It was really nice.  They helped us with our gear as well.  They provided beverages( soda, water, fruit juice and rum punch).  They brought us back around noon.  We went back up to the cabin, dropped our stuff off and changed out of our suites.  We walked around the downtown area.  Julie bought a t-shirt.  I bought a key chain and some seasoned salt.  The woman who was selling the salt said she made them.  We saw them in another shop later, so not sure if that was the truth.   

We were hungry, but really none of the restaurants appealed to us.  We went into the supermarket and bought a bag of cheese rings from Malaysia.  Its like baked cheetos, only in rings.  It was 1.10.  The USdollar is the currency here.   I was appalled to see Dog rice.  Its what they feed the dogs here.  I don't think my dogs realize how good they have it. LOL.   ( pic of dog rice to follow in next post. )

We came back around 1pm, went to the buffet for lunch.  I'm really getting sick of the buffet.  I wish there were more options open for lunch.   We're now back in the room, relaxing until dinner time. 

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Next time try Krals..right on the water and also across the street .  Very good food and drink.  We plan to have lunch there in Nov on our Edge ABC cruise.  

I wish I would have known that beforehand. I should have done a little more research. I asked someone at the tourist booth for a recommendation and she couldn't give me one. 

48 minutes ago, 39august said:

Have you tried the Spa Cafe for lunch? I love their assorted salads and other small plates. The protein (read sweet!) bars at breakfast are to die for.

Yes. I ate there the first sea day. Will probably tomorrow too.

Dinner in Blu. I had new England clam chowder. I prefer a very thick rich chowder. This was thin and insipid. I didn't take a pic. Julie had an iceberg salad with a warm bacon dressing. We both had the grilled chicken from the classic side.the baked potato was not fully cooked. I had sacher torte for dessert.

20190919_180010.jpg

20190919_181442.jpg

20190919_183234.jpg

The head housekeeper Paul( Officer) came to our cabin to let us know that based on the numerous feedback from guests.... They are bringing back footstools.  They placed an order and they will be available in 2 months.  

When we were told he wanted to speak to us, I thought we were in trouble for putting our swimsuits on the balcony to dry. LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Ha ha about the swimsuits!

Great job with the footstools,....I am convinced your photo was quite persuasive!

I'm sure a lot of people were emailing, however its probably more convincing when it comes from an actual passenger in an accessible cabin who just had surgery on her hip. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

It seems this will be your last sailing with Celebrity.  You have yet to have a mean you liked.   What cruise line will you try in the future or have you decided to go to land based vacations?

Actually, you're wrong.  I mentioned upthread that I don't sail for the food.   Did you read that post?  

I'm more critical than the average person because I have a culinary education and I consider myself an excellent cook and baker.   I'm going with the flow, believe me.  I've actually lost weight since being on the cruise and IMHO, thats always a good thing. 

We have a cruise booked in Dec 2020( our first time in a suite) and put a placeholder on a cruise for 2021.  Both on X.  Its not worth it to me to pay extra money for luxury cruises because I don't eat large portions.  I debated using OBC to eat in a specialty restaurant, but it would be a waste.  I can eat half an entree at most. 

• Like 1