Live Blog Equinox Southern Carribean(ABC's) Sept 13th-23rd

calicakes

2 hours ago, calicakes said:

The head housekeeper Paul( Officer) came to our cabin to let us know that based on the numerous feedback from guests.... They are bringing back footstools.  They placed an order and they will be available in 2 months.  

Glad to hear it, but a month too late for us.

Can I asked when and where the Connection Party was held?  I believe it was the first sea day, but time and location would help immensely.  Was it run by the cruise director? Did the captain make an appearance?

Excellent live thread!!!  No BS!  Loving it!

On 9/11/2019 at 2:01 PM, lola2013 said:

Your kids are adorable.  I feel the same sadness when I leave my parrot behind!!!

I am excited to read your review.  I am booked on Equinox 9/4/2020 with the same itinerary that you are doing.  I've sailed on Equinox twice before but next year will be as a solo, which I think will be a challenge.

On a side note, my parents used to have a place in Naples...very close to the bridge that leads to Marco Island.  That is just a little slice of Heaven!!!

Enjoy,

Susan

We booked that cruise as well.  Never been to the ABCs and since 9/4/2020 is our 44th anniversary we thought it would be a nice way to celebrate.  We'll miss not having The Hideaway for morning coffee, though.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:47 AM, calicakes said:

All checked in. It was very quick. Took about 10 min. Equinox is the only ship in port Everglades today. Julie found the library. She is looking for a particular author, but no luck.

20190913_114249.jpg

We're on this cruise 9/4/2020 so very interested in your blog.  My wife always takes a few books to leave in the library as they tend to be a little sparse.

11 hours ago, pd7277 said:

Glad to hear it, but a month too late for us.

Can I asked when and where the Connection Party was held?  I believe it was the first sea day, but time and location would help immensely.  Was it run by the cruise director? Did the captain make an appearance?

Excellent live thread!!!  No BS!  Loving it!

It was the first sea day at 10:15.am.

12 hours ago, tarps said:

The baked goods at the market in aruba had me drooling.

20190917_140139.jpg

Could you please advise where this market in Aruba is located.  

It's called superfoods. It was on the main road, maybe 3 miles from the ship. It was on our way back from the beach. Do you plan on renting a car?

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

We booked that cruise as well.  Never been to the ABCs and since 9/4/2020 is our 44th anniversary we thought it would be a nice way to celebrate.  We'll miss not having The Hideaway for morning coffee, though.

Great...look forward to meeting you.  I believe C.C. was having some problems with roll calls, but I've started one for our cruise.  So far, no one has signed up!  Check it out so there's at least a couple of us!!!

Susan

22 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Great...look forward to meeting you.  I believe C.C. was having some problems with roll calls, but I've started one for our cruise.  So far, no one has signed up!  Check it out so there's at least a couple of us!!!

Susan

If you searched your roll call using the roll call finder, it wont work. I believe that's broken. 

14 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I just used the finder and it worked fine.  Must have been a temporary issue.

Yes, it was temporary...fortunately it's fixed now.  As a solo cruiser, I'm going to depend on the roll call to "meet" people pre-cruise.  

Ahhh, technology!

16 hours ago, tarps said:

The baked goods at the market in aruba had me drooling.

20190917_140139.jpg

Could you please advise where this market in Aruba is located.  

It is the Superfoods on 1B near Eagle Beach.  Great grocery store, and the bakery is fantastic.

9 hours ago, calicakes said:

It's called superfoods. It was on the main road, maybe 3 miles from the ship. It was on our way back from the beach. Do you plan on renting a car?

Thank you to both you and Finnrox ....I was pretty sure it was Superfoods, as that is where we do our grocery shopping when we are in Aruba on holidays.     

No, we won’t be renting a car....we have a timeshare on Palm Beach and will get a day pass for when we are there on our January cruise.   We just take a bus to the resort and back.   We’ve been going to Aruba for 33 years straight and just like to have a beach day.   

I've been loving your blog.  I'll be on the Silhouette in November doing the ABC Islands.  We did ABC on Equinox 2 years ago and had wonderful food...sorry it's been more "miss" than "hit" for you both.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!😊

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I've been loving your blog.  I'll be on the Silhouette in November doing the ABC Islands.  We did ABC on Equinox 2 years ago and had wonderful food...sorry it's been more "miss" than "hit" for you both.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!😊

Thank you.  You'll have a great time.  I highly recommend the SeaCow 2 snorkel stop in Bonaire if you like to snorkel.  The guides were fantastic, they picked us up right at the ship and the snorkeling was like swimming in an aquarium.   

I'm particular when it comes to food, so I take it with a grain of salt.  I've had a very relaxing cruise with my wife.  We both needed this time to unwind.  

I'm just upset that I can't get the bagels I ordered in Key West.  I'm trying to decide if we should rent a car when we get back to ft. lauderdale or should I get an uber to my favorite bagel shop there.  

Calicakes...that sure is a long ride to get your bagels!!  I'm sure they must be delicious!  If you do rent a car to get them, you may as well make it an overnighter to make it worth your while!😉

My DH and I will be heading to our condo in Naples in late October for our November 8th cruise, and decided to stay the entire month of November, since it's not our year to host Thanksgiving!  We're hoping all the leaves fall from our 26 trees on our property before we leave in late October, so we can get the leave cleanup done before we leave.🙄

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Calicakes...that sure is a long ride to get your bagels!!  I'm sure they must be delicious!  If you do rent a car to get them, you may as well make it an overnighter to make it worth your while!😉

My DH and I will be heading to our condo in Naples in late October for our November 8th cruise, and decided to stay the entire month of November, since it's not our year to host Thanksgiving!  We're hoping all the leaves fall from our 26 trees on our property before we leave in late October, so we can get the leave cleanup done before we leave.🙄

So jealous. We love Naples. We are going to move there when julie retires in 4 years. I cant wait to take our poodles to keywaydin. 

Our flights are booked for monday afternoon. I'm going to check hotwire for cars for the day. I wasn't relishing spending all day in the airport for our return flight.  The flight is at 5pm.

• Like 1