Steakhouse wine 1st night

janm8144

46 minutes ago, OnePsychLynne said:

Does anyone know what the free wine options are? Please don't say red or white lol, I got that much 🤣 Or maybe a better question is, if we choose the free bottle and don't like it can we still get a bottle half price? 

I believe you only have a choice of the red or white for your free bottle, but I think you can buy bottles at half price also if you want...

Hmmm...   a free bottle of house wine (or half off a premium bottle)…    I think I would go for the half off.  Sounds like your reservation has to be made on the first day, but that you can make it for either day 1 or 2.

I was contemplating doing the steakhouse, but plan on purchasing Cheers, so perhaps there is no plus to this for me ?

This is copied from the end of the email I received confirming a steakhouse reservation on the Valor in November:

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse on Embarkation and the first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise! Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!

If I remember correctly, it is Chardonnay or Merlot.  I don't remember the brand name, but I think it was from Chile.   I was not fond of the chardonnay, too "alcoholy" for my taste, I prefer buttery-oak flavor, but the merlot wasn't too bad.

I would definitely take the free red one again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Hmmm...   a free bottle of house wine (or half off a premium bottle)…    I think I would go for the half off.  Sounds like your reservation has to be made on the first day, but that you can make it for either day 1 or 2.

I was contemplating doing the steakhouse, but plan on purchasing Cheers, so perhaps there is no plus to this for me ?

We also get Cheers and get a $15 glass of Cabernet included instead.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Florings said:

If I remember correctly, it is Chardonnay or Merlot.  I don't remember the brand name, but I think it was from Chile.   I was not fond of the chardonnay, too "alcoholy" for my taste, I prefer buttery-oak flavor, but the merlot wasn't too bad.

I would definitely take the free red one again.

Thank you so much! I'm guessing that they're both on the dry side? (I'm a Moscato girl although I'll brave a white zin every once in a while lol). 

1 hour ago, OnePsychLynne said:

Thank you so much! I'm guessing that they're both on the dry side? (I'm a Moscato girl although I'll brave a white zin every once in a while lol). 

Yes, they are definitely dry.  If you prefer sweet-ish, do the 50% off any wine on the list.   Whichever you choose,  enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Santa Helena (their 'house' brand)

We had the merlot and it was actually pretty good!

4 hours ago, five. said:

I was under the impression that it wasn't an either/or situation, but a both situation. You can get the free bottle and also get 50% off.

4 hours ago, j1d1 said:

This is copied from the end of the email I received confirming a steakhouse reservation on the Valor in November:

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse on Embarkation and the first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise! Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!

We received the same email, stating that it was an "or" situation when we sailed Vista back in January.

However our server told us we could definitely do both.
We had the free bottle of house merlot (Santa Helena) and then ordered 3 other bottles (can't remember which ones right now).

Hopefully we are still able to do this, as we have reservations for our cruise in Oct at the steakhouse and plan on doing the same thing again! (we don't buy Cheers so it makes it a great value for us, when we include the two bottles we bring on)

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, OnePsychLynne said:

Does anyone know what the free wine options are? Please don't say red or white lol, I got that much 🤣 Or maybe a better question is, if we choose the free bottle and don't like it can we still get a bottle half price? 

Chardonnay or Merlot   I don't remember the brand

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 3:51 PM, VentureMan_2000 said:

It would make a lovely gift for your cabin steward.  We do not drink alcohol, so it always works for us.  

Edited by HillBilly Bob
Add text.