Singapore Port

DaBook

Are there things to do and see after dropping off your luggage at the port?     Between Hotel Check out time and the ship leaving is there anything worth walking around to see that is very close to the port?     What facilities does the Port offer?  Any Suggestions would be very helpful!

Singapore has two cruise terminals. Singapore Cruise Centre, located at Harbourfront Centre and VivoCity, 10 to 15 minute taxi drive from downtown, and Marina Bay Cruise Centre (MBCCS), which is located just 5 minutes away from downtown and a metro station (MRT) 600 meters from the terminal.

We were on Azamara and sailed from Harborfront in 2016 - there's a mall attached (VivoCity, as noted above). We dropped off our luggage and roamed the mall for a half hour to spend our last S$. They do have a duty free shop there. Husband ended up buying some insulated pants at Uniqlo. It was 95 degrees F in Singapore, but hey, we had cash we wanted to use up, the pants were a good deal ;-)

Most ships use the Marina Bay Cruise Centre, which really has very little around it. A short walk to the MRT and you can access anywhere in Singapore.  But maybe a better choice would be to check out of your hotel and have them hold your bags, go site seeing and then return pic up bags and take a taxi to the port. 

Thank you for ALL Your Suggestions... The Port is the Marina Bay Cruise Centre (MBCCS).  We are staying in Chinatown area but wondered if after dropping off luggage at Port, We could take a taxi to some spot closer to port area to spend an hour or 2 .   AND that brings up a  Second Question - We are a group of 5 adults  - So are taxis readily available for 5 passengers?  Again Thank You!!

I will be arriving into Singapore, Changi at 0630 early March and of course the ship won't be sailing until 1600.

Can anyone please let me know what would be the earliest I would be able to drop my bag off.

Even dawdling it will not take long to clear the airport and a taxi ride to MBCCS will only take about 20 minutes.  I'm  concerned that if I turn up too early the port will be crazy with disembarking passengers with luggage everywhere. 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Judy

On 9/13/2019 at 4:10 AM, DaBook said:

Thank you for ALL Your Suggestions... The Port is the Marina Bay Cruise Centre (MBCCS).  We are staying in Chinatown area but wondered if after dropping off luggage at Port, We could take a taxi to some spot closer to port area to spend an hour or 2 .   AND that brings up a  Second Question - We are a group of 5 adults  - So are taxis readily available for 5 passengers?  Again Thank You!!

If you can drop off luggage early at Marina Bay Cruise Centre it is only a 10 minute walk to a subway station. Travel 2 stops and you are at Marina Bay shopping centre and Marina Bay Sands Hotel. Many passengers kill time here before returning to the port for embarkation.

In Singapore nothing much opens before 10 am. Marina Bay & Suntech City are large shopping centres near by.

Taxis are Corolla size & with bags may only fit 2-3 passengers. They are not expensive & tipping is NOT expected.

From Marina Bay cruise terminal it is only a short taxi ride to Gardens by the Bay where they have two of the largest climate controlled glass towers.  A great way to kill some time before joining your ship.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 9:42 AM, bubbachief said:

How many hours in advance are recommended to be at SIN for departures?

Flying JAL to NRT/SEA

Sin is rated the best airport in the world for the 7th time in a row.  I would rather get there too early and check everything out than get there late and be rushed.  But 2 hours is generally more than enough time if you are pretty comfortable with the whole process.  

for JAL- 3 hours to 60 minutes(cut off time) you check in at the regular desk, for 12-3 hours before scheduled departure you can check in early at the early check in lounge.  If you have excessive baggage or have to make any payment including upgrades, you cannot use the lounge to check in.

13 hours ago, bubbachief said:

Thanks for the info. Our flight leaves at 0820, so won't have much time to look around.

If you arent leaving straight from the cruise ship, another option would be to book a transit hotel inside airport security.  You could  drop your bags off and go through security around 8pm and just have an over night bag.  You will already be through security and can get up and head to the gate around 7 am.

42 minutes ago, originolsin said:

If you arent leaving straight from the cruise ship, another option would be to book a transit hotel inside airport security.  You could  drop your bags off and go through security around 8pm and just have an over night bag.  You will already be through security and can get up and head to the gate around 7 am.

We are staying two days after the cruise in Singapore, then catching flight home.

3 hours ago, originolsin said:

We have a 10:30 pm flight and my plan was to book a hotel at  the airport, drop everything off and tour around, come bcak, shower and head to check in around 7:30.   BUT they are all booked for our date.   The cruise ship offers a  6 hour motorcoach tour - n

\ot thrilled with their stops but they drop you off at the airport at 2:30pm.    We can't check in until 4 hours prior to our flight.   The only other EZair flight was 1:30 am flights

Could you book a (relatively)cheap hotel with a luggage room so you could drop off your luggage prior to check in then go off for most of the day , returning to shower and rest before your flight?   We did this in Hongkong and it worked well for us

1 hour ago, suekay said:

Could you book a (relatively)cheap hotel with a luggage room so you could drop off your luggage prior to check in then go off for most of the day , returning to shower and rest before your flight?   We did this in Hongkong and it worked well for us

That was my thought.   As I said, everything at the airport hotels were booked for our date.   Hate to shell out $400 just to store our luggage.    Have not found  a day hotel yet.   Another cruiser said we could leave our luggage at their hotel since they are staying extra nights.   But I hate to impose and not sure if our day plans will be the same.   It will work out in the end.   thanks for trying to help.   We are on a b2b so we do have that day to check things out a little better.   And still not sure what our plans are for that day - maybe hop on hop off bus.    So we really will not know what we want to do that day until after the first stop.

On 10/5/2019 at 12:47 PM, compozer said:

We have a 10:30 pm flight and my plan was to book a hotel at  the airport, drop everything off and tour around, come bcak, shower and head to check in around 7:30.   BUT they are all booked for our date.   The cruise ship offers a  6 hour motorcoach tour - n

\ot thrilled with their stops but they drop you off at the airport at 2:30pm.    We can't check in until 4 hours prior to our flight.   The only other EZair flight was 1:30 am flights

Which airline?