Cruise Critic Community
JoJo1008

Chef's Table on Adventure

Does anyone know if the Chef's table is still in the MDR since the refurb last year? And if it is do you think it's worth it? We've been to two but they had their own dedicated dining room and I'm not so sure how it would be in the MDR.

There have been a number of reports of it being so loud in the MDR that it's difficult to hear the chef and waiter speaking.  I would not do a Chef's Table held on one of the stairway landings in the MDR.

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping with the refurb that they may have moved it. I don't think I'll waste my money on a meal in the MDR. 

I've not seen any very recent reports of the location on Adventure, so hopefully someone will come along here and report the current location.

Keep in mind also that it's not a chef's table in the traditional sense of what a chef's table is.

I've been to the Chef's table on Radiance and Empress, both had dedicated rooms. Can you explain why this is not a traditional Chef's table?

23 hours ago, JoJo1008 said:

I've been to the Chef's table on Radiance and Empress, both had dedicated rooms. Can you explain why this is not a traditional Chef's table?

A traditional chef's table is where the chef chooses the ingredients himself from what is available that day, and prepares them however he/she wants.  It's a much more spontaneous presentation, unlike the fleet-wide predetermined menu that is used on Royal Caribbean.  The chef cooks things that showcase his/her strengths, instead of being told what to cook.  Also, it's traditionally in the kitchen.

Edited by time4u2go

We did the Chef's Table on Adventure two years ago. Yes it is like what @time4u2go describes in that it is a set menu, but I thought the menu and food was excellent. Yes it was difficult hearing as my wife and I were on the opposite end of the table. I still found it to be a very enjoyable evening with wonderful food and wine.

On AOTS this April and May 2019.

Attended CT and it is in MDR by the stair case overlooking MDR. A section with a big table just for the CT. Yes,  a lot of noise. 

We got 40% off. 

Worth it? Depends on you.

We thought it was OK. Not into all the wines. Food very good. One time experience.

Others were picky eaters and didn't like food selection.

We enjoyed the Specialty Restaurants better. Bigger selection of food.  JMHO!

Edited by Oxo

21 hours ago, Oxo said:

On AOTS this April and May 2019.

Attended CT and it is in MDR by the stair case overlooking MDR. A section with a big table just for the CT. Yes,  a lot of noise. 

We got 40% off. 

Worth it? Depends on you.

We thought it was OK. Not into all the wines. Food very good. One time experience.

Others were picky eaters and didn't like food selection.

We enjoyed the Specialty Restaurants better. Bigger selection of food.  JMHO!

May I ask how you got the 40% off? Did you wait til you were on the ship to book it? I'm leaning towards just getting the unlimited dining instead of the Chef's Table this time. 

17 minutes ago, JoJo1008 said:

May I ask how you got the 40% off? Did you wait til you were on the ship to book it? I'm leaning towards just getting the unlimited dining instead of the Chef's Table this time. 

Yes, we got the 40% off on the ship. They were trying to fill CT each day,  asked if you are interested. I just asked what discount  they were giving. 

I personally would get UDP. Seven SR dinner meals,  plus SR lunch on sea days for about $100 more per person. Yes, you don't get the wine with the UDP,  butt, how many glasses of wine will you drink in 1 evening?

Hope this helps you. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.  HAPPY CRUISING!