Dis "connected"

TMLAalum

Ever since I joined Cruise Critic, I've joined the roll calls & signed up for the Connections Party for every one of our Celebrity cruises.

Friends have been made, tours have been joined and fun activities such as slot pulls, cabin crawls and even a Murder Mystery at Sea (thanks, 4774Papa!) have been planned.

There are two Celebrity cruises on my radar- one to Alaska on the Eclipse in May 2020 and the other titled European Capitals on the Silhouette departing in September 2020.

No rolls calls have been started for either one!

Is it my imagination that roll call participation is perhaps a thing of the past? I surely hope not!

There was a Roll Call started for the 5/31 sailing but only the initial post so far.  The 5/17 sailing has 2 Roll Calls 1 with a little activity.  It seems to me that the Find Your Roll Call search isn’t working very well.  

A search for 1  of the  Millenium’s 2020 sailings takes you to a Roll Call for an Eclipse sailing on the same date and same part of the world.  It has caused a lot of confusion and although some have tried to get a moderator to fix it no luck so far.  

I also have another cruise with duplicate Roll Calls  because search didn’t show that there was a Roll Call.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hulamoon said:

I agree the search for roll call is much tougher than it used to be, and can be hidden in plane sight.

You just go to the roll call connections page, pick the ship, then scroll down to the roll call date.  It's not rocket science.  🍷

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/127-celebrity-“connections”-roll-calls/

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wine-O said:

You just go to the roll call connections page, pick the ship, then scroll down to the roll call date.  It's not rocket science.  🍷

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/127-celebrity-“connections”-roll-calls/

I agree. I just tried it and it is simplified. Maybe there was a change, but for quite a while it was very difficult for me to connect with the roll call.

I started a roll call for my Touch Canal cruise Dec 23rd, 2020 on Connie.  Someone replied telling me there was already a roll call  ( I searched before I started mine).  I deleted mine, and now I still can't find the other one. 

23 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I started a roll call for my Touch Canal cruise Dec 23rd, 2020 on Connie.  Someone replied telling me there was already a roll call  ( I searched before I started mine).  I deleted mine, and now I still can't find the other one. 

It's the fifth one down on the Constellation page. Don't know why you can't see it.  Like Wine-o says, open the ship page, scroll, and read the dates. EZ

2 hours ago, calicakes said:

As an FYI, when this happens you can ask the moderator to merge the two threads so neither loses any posts. 

Howdy to all! emo22.gif

I know this is off-topic from the OP's question about Roll Call participation. However others in this thread have touched on the problems relating to finding the correct Roll Call thread. Hopefully the following information will help explain what is going on and what needs to be done about multiple Roll Call threads for the same cruise.

The "Find your Roll Call" tool" and "quick and easy  Roll Call Finder tool" mentioned in How To: Create A New Roll Call and What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know has been OUT OF ORDER for a very long time. See CC Help Jenn's  Roll Call Tool - Under Construction in the Announcements.

Please note NO NEW Roll Call information is being added into the BROKEN cruiselineStar20121001.png Find Your Roll Call search tool as well as all the other ship Roll Call Finder tools with the cruiselineStar20121001.png. They were "fixed" back in May for a very short time. But alas, they "broke" again. ☹️ The broken search tool no longer gives members a way to easily search for and then be redirected to their Roll Call thread. Hopefully all Roll Call threads for all ships and all cruise lines in all their Roll Call forums will be correctly added back into the search tool with the correct information and redirects AFTER the search tool is repaired, IF IT EVER IS.

In the meantime, any members looking for their Roll Call thread for the first time should NOT use the BROKEN search tool. As CC Help Jenn mentions in her Announcement as well as being mentioned above, members need to browse their ship's Roll Call forum pages carefully looking for a thread with their sail date in the title. If they do not find one, they need to start one. Yes, this is back to the way it was done way back before there was a Roll Call search tool. I truly wish 🤞 there was more "signage" out there explaining this situation.

Anytime there is more than one Roll Call thread for a cruise as mentioned above, please ask for them to be merged into one thread. There should be only one Roll Call thread for each sail date. All posts in the merged thread will appear in post date/time order on the Roll Call thread title with the first start date. This should be done per the following in How To: Create A New Roll Call:

... If you see two or more threads for the same sail date please email help@cruisecritic.com to have them merged...

Please send your e-mail to help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record. Also please include which Roll Call forum, each thread title and each link when you ask that the threads be merged.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful! emo34.gif

Happy sails to all,

Kat 😺

Edited by TxCityKat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny keys!

5 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

It's the fifth one down on the Constellation page. Don't know why you can't see it.  Like Wine-o says, open the ship page, scroll, and read the dates. EZ

I used the roll call finder tool.  Thats probably why I couldn't locate it.