Equinox - footstools still in verandas in Concierge class?

DaveEasternPenn

This is totally unacceptable.  The main reason for booking CC were the footstools on the balcony.  I know we really enjoy sitting on the balcony and removing these from CC is really a cheap move.  We too went on the Equinox years back and the minimization of the extras from then to now in Concierge Class is disappointing.  I wonder if management really thinks things through or are they only interested in spending on advertising.

4 minutes ago, reallyhooked said:

On our Celebrity cruises, we didn't get the fruit. Will have regular veranda on next Celebrity cruise. 

The fruit is usually apples or pears which you can get from the buffet. The canapes are terrible and with the removal of the footstools from the verandahs I would hardly pay more for a concierge class cabin. The perks are just not worth the additional cost. Some of the locations are not that great either.

12 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

The fruit is usually apples or pears which you can get from the buffet. The canapes are terrible and with the removal of the footstools from the verandahs I would hardly pay more for a concierge class cabin. The perks are just not worth the additional cost. Some of the locations are not that great either.

I agree, canapés were just ok. No foot stools on balcony. We always bring umbrella & binoculars. 

I thought the canapés were awful as well. Thankfully, I had learned here on CC that you can ask for cheese and crackers instead. Sometimes we got crackers, sometimes we didn't, but there were always around four cheeses and a little bit of fruit. We liked nibbling a bit, sometimes with a glass of wine, while relaxing and getting ready for dinner.

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Actually, I thought the canapés looked disgusting, at least the one I could get the lid off.  Told them not to bring them.  I agree.  No incentive to book concierge class unless you want more points or the luncheon in the MDR on boarding day.

On the cruise I took this past March I booked a regular verandah then was able to upgrade to CC as the price dropped below what I paid for a regular verandah. Being solo in the cabin I got the extra points so now when I board the Equinox on Monday I'll be elite status. Looking forward to the extra perks of that. 

Good News!!  X has heard your complaints!!  

The head housekeeper Paul( Officer) came to our cabin to let us know that based on the numerous feedback from guests.... They are bringing back footstools.  They placed an order and they will be available in 2 months.  

When we were told he wanted to speak to us, I thought we were in trouble for putting our swimsuits on the balcony to dry. LOL. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Good News!!  X has heard your complaints!!  

The head housekeeper Paul( Officer) came to our cabin to let us know that based on the numerous feedback from guests.... They are bringing back footstools.  They placed an order and they will be available in 2 months.  

When we were told he wanted to speak to us, I thought we were in trouble for putting our swimsuits on the balcony to dry. LOL. 

Thank you for telling us that. Your news is very heartening to those of us who have to have a footstool, myself included. 

Also what you said was so funny about being scared the officer was there to scold you about drying swimsuits on the balcony. When an officer came to my door last week on Equinox, I thought he was going to speak harshly to me because I drew cartoon depictions on the comments sheet of how uncomfortable and impractical the new chairs, tiny table, and lack of footstools were. I feared he was going to say it was disrespectful and never sail on Celebrity again. Instead he was very gracious and had a larger table sent to my balcony!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Thank you for telling us that. Your news is very heartening to those of us who have to have a footstool, myself included. 

Also what you said was so funny about being scared the officer was there to scold you about drying swimsuits on the balcony. When an officer came to my door last week on Equinox, I thought he was going to speak harshly to me because I drew cartoon depictions on the comments sheet of how uncomfortable and impractical the new chairs, tiny table, and lack of footstools were. I feared he was going to say it was disrespectful and never sail on Celebrity again. Instead he was very gracious and had a larger table sent to my balcony!

Did they also give you a shower chair last week?  Aside from emailing Celebrityonetouch, I also wrote out a comment card.  I think it helped that I sent the picture of the shower chair with my email. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, calicakes said:

Did they also give you a shower chair last week?  Aside from emailing Celebrityonetouch, I also wrote out a comment card.  I think it helped that I sent the picture of the shower chair with my email. 

I did the same. Tami called and she agreed. It looked pretty tacky, not what you would call"modern luxury".

Calicakes, no they didn't bring a footstool although most of my cartoons were about that. Thye just brought the bigger table and left the little one too, so I had plenty of tables, but still no footstool. I used the little table as a footstool but it wasn't very comfortable...higher than the chair's seat and sharp edges.

Thanks for the good news!  It’s good to know that Celebrity is trying to remedy poor design element choices.  Hope the foot stools arrive before we cruise in December!    Many thanks to all who took the time to express their thoughts!  

• Like 1

I hope what the head housekeeping officer (Paul) told "Calicakes" is accurate. If so, this is great news. I'm going to e mail Celebrity again to try and confirm this (new footstools, and possibly larger tables on order, will take 60 days). I too, have been e mailing them about this issue, sending pictures of shower stools, beach balls, etc.

We're sailing on the Equinox at the end of February, and hoping we have the new items, but I want a confirmation from Celebrity's Miami office.

• 1 month later...

We were on the  EQ Oct 14 cruise, We talked to the housekeeping manager. He confirmed that footstools had been ordered and “hopefully they will arrive by the end of the year” .

He told us they are small and will fit under the chair when not in use.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 4:53 PM, MamaFej said:

I thought the canapés were awful as well. Thankfully, I had learned here on CC that you can ask for cheese and crackers instead. Sometimes we got crackers, sometimes we didn't, but there were always around four cheeses and a little bit of fruit. We liked nibbling a bit, sometimes with a glass of wine, while relaxing and getting ready for dinner.

We always bring our own crackers,,the ones they serve with the cheese are often stale...  We won't have canapes on our next cruise so will have do it ourselves  snacks at the buffet or Cafe  Baccio..

When the new footstools are once again a part of X balconies, all other balcony furniture will be removed. The footstools will provide two functions. They will serve as a table for the canapes. Also, should you wish to sit on your balcony, you may sit on the railing. The footstool will give you a step up. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 1:36 PM, DaveEasternPenn said:

It's hard to believe that Celebrity deleted these footstools from their concierge veranda's. This was one of the perks of the concierge level that we enjoyed.  

Thanks for everyone for their replies. Wow, a green shower stool!!  Very classy.

We were given a classy grey shower stool to use as our footstool,  color matched to go with the new post-revolution grey decor, I suppose, in keeping with the classic Celebrity motto "That's modern luxury." 😀

Celebrity Cruises TV Commercial, 'Modern Luxury'

Edited by varoo