Bedside Power Outlets?

brentb03

2 hours ago, brentb03 said:

I tried searching and did not find anything. Are there any bedside power outlets for an Interior Cabin on the Regal Princess?

TIA

There were outlets in our mini suite on the Regal. I'm sure there is at least one in an interior cabin

nRnQFrI.jpg

Howard

You will often find a bedside power outlet (220V European) behind the lamp at the side of the bed. I used an adaptor that provided two plugs, so that I could plug the lamp back in and also plug in my (dual voltage) CPAP machine. We had to pull out the bed to get to it, but the steward handled it for me.

If you have a lamp (on a table) next to your bed, you probably have an outlet behind the bed.  It's a pain to crawl down to get it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the plug that was recommended on a previous thread for my CPAP machine.  It did work.  But I believe it is a different voltage and my CPAP machine automatically makes the change.  I wouldn't use it to charge my iPhone or other American devices.

11 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you have a lamp (on a table) next to your bed, you probably have an outlet behind the bed.  It's a pain to crawl down to get it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the plug that was recommended on a previous thread for my CPAP machine.  It did work.  But I believe it is a different voltage and my CPAP machine automatically makes the change.  I wouldn't use it to charge my iPhone or other American devices.

That's the one I used based on the recommendation in the previous thread.

It is an adapter only - it does not change the voltage, so it should be used only with dual voltage devices. However, nearly every phone charger and many other American devices are dual voltage, so it would not be a problem. Check the fine print on the charger or other device to see if it handles 220V as well as 110V. I had no problem running my phone and battery charges on 220V.

12 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

That's the one I used based on the recommendation in the previous thread.

It is an adapter only - it does not change the voltage, so it should be used only with dual voltage devices. However, nearly every phone charger and many other American devices are dual voltage, so it would not be a problem. Check the fine print on the charger or other device to see if it handles 220V as well as 110V. I had no problem running my phone and battery charges on 220V.

I didn't remember who first gave me the link...but it's a great adapter.  So I shall give you the credit.

Really?  I knew that it didn't change the voltage.  I didn't know that phone chargers did the same as a CPAP machine.  Does that include Apple products?

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I didn't remember who first gave me the link...but it's a great adapter.  So I shall give you the credit.

Really?  I knew that it didn't change the voltage.  I didn't know that phone chargers did the same as a CPAP machine.  Does that include Apple products?

I got the recommendation from a thread on Cruise Critic, so I don't get the credit for the recommendation.

Most phone chargers available today, including Apple, are dual voltage. They should have the input voltage requirements in small print on the charger. You may need a magnifying glass and a strong light to read the small print.

• Like 1

This was a problem on the Royal for me.  I have severe sleep apnea (for years).  I've traveled internationally and throughout the US and have never ever had an issue with setting my CPAP unit up by the bed.  We had to get a big ugly heavy duty extension cord to run across the room at night !  

my husband thought it may be fire code - with all the bedding so close.  

10 hours ago, POF1234 said:

This was a problem on the Royal for me.  I have severe sleep apnea (for years).  I've traveled internationally and throughout the US and have never ever had an issue with setting my CPAP unit up by the bed.  We had to get a big ugly heavy duty extension cord to run across the room at night !  

my husband thought it may be fire code - with all the bedding so close.  

If there was a lamp beside the bed on your side, then there was probably a plug behind the lamp. I'm not sure, since I haven't sailed yet on any of the Royal class ships. If so, you could have used that plug with the adapter mentioned earlier.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:18 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Thanks for the link. I like that the adapter has dual outputs. We just got home from 5 1/2 weeks of camping and are leaving for two cruises soon. I was forgetting that I need adapters for both the UK and Spain. I think I'll buy one of these for each of those and this looks like a decent unit. All of our electronics can use either voltage - which is the norm these days.

• Like 1

Wow...you CAN learn something new everyday.  Thanks posters:

PS....the adapter I included as a link is terrific.  You can actually have your device AND your table light working.

Edited by cr8tiv1