Best way to know you enjoyed your cruise?

Donut23

Just back from Jim’s first Celebrity Cruise - he has been a Royal Caribbean Guy.  I haven’t even written my review yet.

Jim was on a boring Conference Call and noodled around the Summit’s schedule.  He found a 9 day Canada/New England on the Summit and OUR CABIN.

Its ours!

The Summit is our perfect ship.  Not too big.  Not a floating Amusement Park just a wonderful, classy little ship.

Oh boy if you need an accessible cabin, run, don’t walk to 9164.

Are we the only crazies who book another cruise less than a week after returning home???

257 days! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We had our first Celebrity cruise on the Summit in March.  We absolutely loved the ship and the size.  Especially loved the pool with the massaging pipes in the solarium.  We booked the Equinox for next October.  I think we also have found our perfect ship - the Summit was everything we need in a ship.  However, we have booked a cruise on Royal's Symphony to join my nephew's celebration for his graduation in May.  Personally, I would never book this behemoth.  But I am sure we will have a good time, nonetheless.  I am also looking forward to our cruise on the Equinox for comparison.

2 hours ago, elaineb said:

We had our first Celebrity cruise on the Summit in March.  We absolutely loved the ship and the size.  Especially loved the pool with the massaging pipes in the solarium.  We booked the Equinox for next October.  I think we also have found our perfect ship - the Summit was everything we need in a ship.  However, we have booked a cruise on Royal's Symphony to join my nephew's celebration for his graduation in May.  Personally, I would never book this behemoth.  But I am sure we will have a good time, nonetheless.  I am also looking forward to our cruise on the Equinox for comparison.

Im with you on big ships but it’s a very personal decision.

im Happy we hopped to Celebrity.  We were looking at Holland America’s smaller ships.  The spruced up Summit and our gagunda aft facing 9164 is perfect.

enjoy your cruises! 👍😁

❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Donut23 said:

Are we the only crazies who book another cruise less than a week after returning home???

257 days! 

We usually have 3-4 cruises booked at all times.  Even had 6 booked once.  These are not just 'wish booking'.  They are cruise bookings that we  actually follow thru.  However, we do not stay with only one cruise line.  We have been on 73 cruises and have used 13 different cruise lines.  We are destination cruisers, always looking for new places to sail to.  Having a few future bookings gives me something to look forward to.  Keep on cruising.   😍  🍷

15 minutes ago, Robb said:

We usually have 3-4 cruises booked at all times.  Even had 6 booked once.  These are not just 'wish booking'.  They are cruise bookings that we  actually follow thru.  However, we do not stay with only one cruise line.  We have been on 73 cruises and have used 13 different cruise lines.  We are destination cruisers, always looking for new places to sail to.  Having a few future bookings gives me something to look forward to.  Keep on cruising.   😍  🍷

Totally agree we have done 65 cruises on many lines , I know lines give perks trying to keep you, but you need to try different ships and lines , unfortunately many lines we really liked no longer exists. 

we took our first cruise in April 2018 and it was on Celebrity Solstice.... after 2 days we knew we wanted to do another one, so booked another one while on board for April 2020 and have since booked a 3rd one for March 2021

Wife is also looking at doing another cruise (not on celebrity unfortunately)

I don't know how we are going to pay for them though.... LOL

18 hours ago, Donut23 said:

Just back from Jim’s first Celebrity Cruise - he has been a Royal Caribbean Guy.  I haven’t even written my review yet.

Jim was on a boring Conference Call and noodled around the Summit’s schedule.  He found a 9 day Canada/New England on the Summit and OUR CABIN.

Its ours!

The Summit is our perfect ship.  Not too big.  Not a floating Amusement Park just a wonderful, classy little ship.

Oh boy if you need an accessible cabin, run, don’t walk to 9164.

257 days! 

YES

You should have booked it on board using a Future Cruise Booking/Certificate.   You would have received a reduced deposit and SBC with maybe extra perks.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Whenever we've not booked on board we have received an email within a short time of returning home with a POSTTHANKU code that's good for extra OBC on our next cruise if booked within 90 days of the email. We've used that when booking through our favorite TA (large, online, high volume one).

Now back to the question of the best way to know we had a good time on our cruise.

1. Look in the mirror during the cruise to see a smiling face.

2. Clothes are getting tight by day 3.

3. Needing tissues to dry tears on disembarkation day.

1 hour ago, miched said:

YES

You should have booked it on board using a Future Cruise Booking/Certificate.   You would have received a reduced deposit and SBC with maybe extra perks.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I hear you but ......

Bigger deposit = Final payment less.

We got ......

$300 shipboard credit

gratuities paid

Classic beverage pkg paid

Im OK with the deal we got.

😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋

With all the new cruise lines and ships, there are so many options to enjoy. We still focus on Celebrity as our preferred Line when starting a search but there are so many fun and varied options to consider now. 

As as you can see from my list, we are doing more river cruises and trying a small ship experience that calls in ports that larger standard lines don’t or can’t use. We have added a week of exploring the southern UK prior to joining the TA. 

and even on a holiday cruise w a group. 

So we’ve kind if covered a good deal of the spectrum. But each to our own. Some enjoy what they are more familiar with, others look for bargains and others for variety. 

Fun! 

Den

We board in just over a week...I am getting fidgety that we will then only have one booked, we usually have 3/4 lined up.

44 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Now back to the question of the best way to know we had a good time on our cruise.

1. Look in the mirror during the cruise to see a smiling face.

2. Clothes are getting tight by day 3.

3. Needing tissues to dry tears on disembarkation day.

Totally agree...

My husband always says I look ten years younger by day three of the cruise but that could just be his beverage package kicking in....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

We board in just over a week...I am getting fidgety that we will then only have one booked, we usually have 3/4 lined up.

Totally agree...

My husband always says I look ten years younger by day three of the cruise but that could just be his beverage package kicking in....

Clearly it's the sea air agreeing with your complexion and not the alcohol! 

Edited by Luvcrusn

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Totally agree...

Love it😂😂😂