ms Amsterdam and Volendam in Juneau September 13, 2019

Scrapnana

Amsterdam will be making her final appearance in Juneau for the foreseeable future.  She will be doing Canada/New England runs next summer.  She will be at the AS dock from 0800-2200.  Volendam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port are Disney Wonder at the AJ dock from 0600-1315 and Island Princess at the FKL dock from 1100-1800.  Both of these are making their last Juneau visits of the season.

Friday the 13th is bringing some yucky weather to Juneau.  There is a 100% chance of rain and, although not supposed to rain continuously, an inch of rain is predicted.  The high will only be 56F/13C and the low 45F/7C.  Sunrise is at 6:23 am and sunset at 7:23 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam on Monday.

Miserable day, but I think 2 weeks on Amsterdam are the best Alaska cruise!   Someone on board last month said they did it in May and the waters were full of puffins, so that is what I want to do next - Amsterdam in April/May!  Well, one day. 😎  It is so easy for us to wait and see how the prices drop...

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

We had Norm on the Prinsendam in March.  I guess he's had some time off in between contracts...

Not necessarily.  He may have been on for a while and not carried over the VHF radio.  BTW, this is the Amsterdam's final season in Alaska for a while.  Not sure which ship will do that itinerary the next few years.  I wonder if the Vistas will fit in Anchorage.

Roy