Cruise Critic Community
Scrapnana

ms Amsterdam and Volendam in Juneau September 13, 2019

Amsterdam will be making her final appearance in Juneau for the foreseeable future.  She will be doing Canada/New England runs next summer.  She will be at the AS dock from 0800-2200.  Volendam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port are Disney Wonder at the AJ dock from 0600-1315 and Island Princess at the FKL dock from 1100-1800.  Both of these are making their last Juneau visits of the season.

Friday the 13th is bringing some yucky weather to Juneau.  There is a 100% chance of rain and, although not supposed to rain continuously, an inch of rain is predicted.  The high will only be 56F/13C and the low 45F/7C.  Sunrise is at 6:23 am and sunset at 7:23 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam on Monday.

With the weather I don't think we'll be able to see her by the pole.  Oops, wrong about that.

Roy

I see this is where Norm, the former Prinsendam security officer has ended up.  A familiar voice.

Roy

Amsterdam docked in Juneau for the last time.  See you later for Volendam.

Roy

Miserable day, but I think 2 weeks on Amsterdam are the best Alaska cruise!   Someone on board last month said they did it in May and the waters were full of puffins, so that is what I want to do next - Amsterdam in April/May!  Well, one day. 😎  It is so easy for us to wait and see how the prices drop...

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I see this is where Norm, the former Prinsendam security officer has ended up.  A familiar voice.

Roy

We had Norm on the Prinsendam in March.  I guess he's had some time off in between contracts...

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

We had Norm on the Prinsendam in March.  I guess he's had some time off in between contracts...

Not necessarily.  He may have been on for a while and not carried over the VHF radio.  BTW, this is the Amsterdam's final season in Alaska for a while.  Not sure which ship will do that itinerary the next few years.  I wonder if the Vistas will fit in Anchorage.

Roy