Post Cruise credit due?

milepig

Through a series of events including a partial refund for a tour that wasn't acceptable, a port canceled and a couple other things we wound up with a credit of about $300 at the end of our cruise. This was not left over shipboard credit, which we spent on other things, but an actual amount due to us.

it's been a week and I haven't seen either the credit on my CC or the post-cruise emailed copy of the final bill. Who do I ask - there seems to be no obvious number to call WS for this sort of thing. We worked through a TA, do I need to have him do it?

I feel like this was rather poorly handled, they bill you immediately, but a credit doesn't seem to be a prioirty.

Just following up. I had a message this morning that credits take 3 weeks to be applied but I should expect the amount I was expecting within the next week or so. There was also a copy of the final bill attached to the email, so all is well.

This sort of time discrepancy has been reported on several cruise lines.  Having managed the financial side of a large operation, I can give a (partially informed) guess.  They process your payments immediately – because if anything turns up from accounting they can always refund it.  But they won't process credits until the full accounting has been done, because they can't get it back from you easily if there was an error.