First Timer!! Tips, tricks, useful info?

JMazzi

1 hour ago, Megalyn said:

I also bring a universal adapter with me.  Cabins have both US and European plugs, so you can convert the European one to work for your devices.  My adapter also has USB ports in it, so I don't need a separate one.  The remodeled ships have some USB ports already, but if you have multiple people with phones/tablets/smart watches then additional ports are helpful.  That gets me enough space that I don't need to pack bulkier cords.

We got decent converters that changed the outlet from a single outlet to one with two USB ports at Five Below.  Not really necessary for newer ships, but convenient just in case.  And you could rest your phone on a slot on the top to save space.  You'll have to guess the cost, but the word "below" was not involved.

• 4 weeks later...

Bring a small notebook and pen. It is very helpful to jot down things you would

like to ask your room steward, names of new found friends, ideas for your next

cruise, etc. Bring anything that would be hard to buy if lost or broken. An extra pair

of shoes or sneakers, eye glasses, medications, etc. I always print out two copies of our

boarding documents and give one to my husband in case I lose mine. If you plan on

checking in for a flight home  onboard, bring  your flight information. 

Edited by Peachypooh
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kenzie said:

Ring room service when you get onboard and request a daily jug of iced water to your cabin, use that to fill your water bottle daily. 

Is there a charge for this? 

I'm kicking myself I didn't know this for our last cruise (first on NCL... Carnival and RCCL include water in beverage packages.)

So frustrating trying to source water on the ship since the little tiny dispensers at all the bars were always 4 deep in little kids, and filling a 16 oz bottle would take 10 minutes with the trickle LOL 

6 minutes ago, Blitzburggirl said:

Is there a charge for this? 

For a pitcher of water?  I certainly hope not, I'm actually going to ask for this on my next cruise so I can fill my bottle(s) in my room easier.  The only extra "cost" might be an additional tip for your steward for bringing it every day.

11 hours ago, hallux said:

For a pitcher of water?  I certainly hope not, I'm actually going to ask for this on my next cruise so I can fill my bottle(s) in my room easier.  The only extra "cost" might be an additional tip for your steward for bringing it every day.

No Charge, Room service bring it daily, its like a fairy-I never saw them deliver it but it was there everyday I returned to my room in the afternoon. Worked lovely getting fresh water every day and I just filled the empty bottles I took with me. We use the gym so needed bottles of water for that. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kenzie said:

No Charge, Room service bring it daily, its like a fairy-I never saw them deliver it but it was there everyday I returned to my room in the afternoon. Worked lovely getting fresh water every day and I just filled the empty bottles I took with me. We use the gym so needed bottles of water for that. 

I'm also a gym goer.. and I like to put beverage package to use, so I drink a ton of water. 

I'd read you could fill a water bottle in the gym (we were on Getaway) and I couldn't anywhere to do so. It was mind boggling they don't have dispensers like gyms/airports/malls do.. until I realized water on the ship was a racket lol 

Thank you for the tip!

• Like 1

Buy good snorkeling gear and research snorkeling from shore spots through TripAdvisor. We’ve been using our snorkeling gear for 25 years. Often snorkeling from shore is great and same place minus pricey cruise ship charge.

Check out cruise port tt for info on how many ships are in port with you. Get off early when a crowd.

Battery tea lights for inside cabin.

Buy new undies and socks- leaving at home bring your old undies and socks and throw away as used on cruise- go home to new undies and socks!

With space saved in suitcase bring home duty free booze!

Smile from day one onboard until you get off.

Let loose and enjoy your never gonna see these people again!

This will be my mine and my husband's first cruise with NCL ( first for any) I have a question about the drink package, we have the package and I would like to know is the gratuity added to each drink you get or for the price it cost for each day? 

This will be my mine and my husband's first cruise with NCL ( first for any) I have a question about the drink package, we have the package and I would like to know is the gratuity added to each drink you get or for the price it cost for each day? 

Edited by spot111999
Went in twice

23 minutes ago, spot111999 said:

If you have the drink package as a promo you will have been charged gratuities in your total cruise fare you paid.   If you paid for the drink package the gratuities are on each drink.