Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
KI Cruiser

Princess Cays...never been there...feedback please!

Recommended Posts

Would love to hear about your opinion, experiences, what to do, what not to do on Princess Cays.  Give it all...the good, the bad and the great!

Thanks in advance 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We loved it.  We rented a cabana/bungalow for $200 #8  it is for 4 people.  There was 2 of us.   Very small inside, table 4 small chairs, a/c, they delivered drinks (2 sodas, 2 waters per each person). They also gave us small veggie and fruit tray and chips and salsa and guacamole and sour cream. There is loungers out in front of your cabana. There is rocks as you get into water but once you are in water a ways out no rocks. We went in October 2018 so it was not crowded at all.  We were the only ship there. There were no people out in the extra loungers in front of our cabana, so our view was not blocked in any way.  The food area was crowded when we walked by it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a great time there.  We didn't rent anything extra, there were tons and tons of loungers.  If you want a quieter area, go to the right when you get to the beach.  There is another food service area there, and some food trucks (included), and at least one more bar.  It's lovely, a perfect beach day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also love Princess Cays. Easy walk from tender to the beach with lots of loungers. Large food area with a lunch buffet. Bars, cabanas, whatever you want for your perfect beach day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 5:36 PM, sallybrown2012 said:

We had a great time there.  We didn't rent anything extra, there were tons and tons of loungers.  If you want a quieter area, go to the right when you get to the beach.  There is another food service area there, and some food trucks (included), and at least one more bar.  It's lovely, a perfect beach day.

Do you pay for the food trucks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Princess Cays because it's very rare that you can go to a port that you don't have to pay anything to get all of the following: transportation to the beach, loungers, lunch, and snorkeling.

Edited by Joebucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 2:38 PM, BeachDiva101 said:

We loved it.  We rented a cabana/bungalow for $200 #8  it is for 4 people.  There was 2 of us.   Very small inside, table 4 small chairs, a/c, they delivered drinks (2 sodas, 2 waters per each person). They also gave us small veggie and fruit tray and chips and salsa and guacamole and sour cream. There is loungers out in front of your cabana. There is rocks as you get into water but once you are in water a ways out no rocks. We went in October 2018 so it was not crowded at all.  We were the only ship there. There were no people out in the extra loungers in front of our cabana, so our view was not blocked in any way.  The food area was crowded when we walked by it.  

Was the cabana in the "adult" area? We have one late March

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeachDiva101 said:

No, we were not in the adult area.  That area is farther down from where we were.  

Did you get to choose your cabana number?  What number did you have and did you like the location?  We have one reserved in the general area in January 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dall

 

We did get to change it.  Carnival had us at a cabana that was closer to all the people.  Cabana 1 is right next to where more people are at.  We changed it to cabana 8 and it was great.  There were no people using the loungers in front of us.  There are restrooms, I think, by cabana 10 or 11.  The regular/general cabanas are number 1-12 or 13 I do believe.  The adult cabanas start at #14 or 15, I think.  We loved it!  I hope you enjoy yours!  Have a good trip and safe travels!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dall

 

When you board the ship, go to the shore excursion desk and ask what cabana they have you at.  Carnival had a map of the cabanas and we looked at the map and changed ours to a different one farther down from the main beach area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BeachDiva101 said:

@Dall

 

When you board the ship, go to the shore excursion desk and ask what cabana they have you at.  Carnival had a map of the cabanas and we looked at the map and changed ours to a different one farther down from the main beach area.

That’s very helpful, thanks 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the other end of the spectrum.  Just got off the tender and spent a relaxing day at the beach. No extra cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...